+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Only 2 months left in Canada work permit.

pranavp2810

Apr 8, 2020
I applied for the PGWP extension back in Oct 2022. My work permit was to expire in Dec 2022 and I had received an email in Aug 2022 saying that I may qualify for the 18 month extension, and I had met all the criteria, but now the application has just finished processing and I was given only until May 2023. I graduated during COVID and got my PGWP then, but with countless job applications over months of searching, I failed to secure a job, so I went back to India in Dec 2020 as I needed a support system for my mental health during the hard times, and staying in Canada became too expensive. While in India, I did some certifications and applied for countless jobs in my field in Canada, and eventually I got a few interviews but did not meet the skill level required. In Aug 2020, I got an email saying I may qualify for the 18 month extension, so I came back to Canada and applied for it. I was able to get a full-time sales job at a telecom company here in Dec 2022 and have been working there since. I am doing well here and they like me as I am a hard worker, and it took me a long time to find a job. It was my hope to be able to get PR during the 18 month extension using NLPNP or AIP in Newfoundland. But now all I have is 2 months and the job I currently have is a NOC TEER 4 job and it is not a designated employer for AIP.

- Is there any way to appeal the decision of the case officer?

- Should I reapply for a work permit extension and hope a new case officer makes a different decision?

- What are my options with only 2 months left? Please advise.