+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP ON VISIT VISA PLS

Isaacdire

May 18, 2023
Hello, pls i have some questions as regards my visitor visa.
My visitors visa will expire on 27th July, 2025.
Please my questions are ….

1. I heard that at the point of entry, six month will be issued for you to stay and that YOU MUST LEAVE the country before the six month expires else you become an illegal immigrant, pls how true is this??

2. Is it possible for me to extend my visit visa validity in Canada beyond the six month?

3. If perhaps the extension is denied and I have to leave the country …. Can I still enter again since I have almost two years valid visa??

Your responses will be highly appreciated please .. thank you

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello, pls i have some questions as regards my visitor visa.
My visitors visa will expire on 27th July, 2025.
Please my questions are ….

1. I heard that at the point of entry, six month will be issued for you to stay and that YOU MUST LEAVE the country before the six month expires else you become an illegal immigrant, pls how true is this??

2. Is it possible for me to extend my visit visa validity in Canada beyond the six month?

3. If perhaps the extension is denied and I have to leave the country …. Can I still enter again since I have almost two years valid visa??

Your responses will be highly appreciated please .. thank you
Visa is what you need to enter Canada. If you want to stay for more than six months, you need either a visitor record or work/study permit.

1. At point of entry, it is the discretion of CBSA how many days you are allowed to stay with a visitor visa.

2. You cannot "extend" a visitor visa. You apply for a new visitor visa after the old one expires. Not everybody can apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada. See this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Who can apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada
You can only apply for a visitor visa from inside Canada if you meet all of these criteria:

• already are in Canada
  • hold a valid study or work permit
  • want to leave and return to Canada in the near future, and
  • have an existing visitor visa that’s expired, or is about to expire, or that was valid for only 1 entry

Reactions: Isaacdire