help on proof of funds

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was employed in Canada for the past 14 months and have withdrawn 700 CAD as a lump sum from my salary account each month.
In March I've deposited back a larger amount ~ 8000 CAD from my cash savings in my salary account.
Will this explanation sound acceptable? (cause I cannot think of anything else....)

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Please help me, I'm creating EE profile, How should I answer this question >>

>> "What funds (Canadian dollars) does XX have available to bring to Canada to support XX and his/her family?"

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
iceberge said:

>> "What funds (Canadian dollars) does XX have available to bring to Canada to support XX and his/her family?"
take value of funds in your account. Determine up to date exchange rate. Calculate the amount in Canadian funds and use that number. Ensure you have sufficient funds to meet requirements for the number of people included in your application.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Pippin said:
take value of funds in your account. Determine up to date exchange rate. Calculate the amount in Canadian funds and use that number. Ensure you have sufficient funds to meet requirements for the number of people included in your application.
Hi Pippin thanks for reply, I'm applying under CEC and I have job offer, do I still need fund. My spouse in Canada already. I am still confused, how will answer this question !!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Don't know why I am having such a hard time finding what I am looking for but this might help. I suggest you keep looking for your answer in official instructions. In this link it states "qualifying offers of arranged employment" which I take to mean that it has an LMIA. This is an archived document so there may have been changes recently. The fact you have a spouse in Canada already could make a difference. Is your spouse working? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

Settlement funds. Applicants already working in Canada or authorized to work in Canada have demonstrated their ability to enter the Canadian labour market and financially support themselves. Currently all applicants with qualifying offers of arranged employment in Canada are exempt from providing proof of settlement funds, whether they are working in Canada or not. The proposed regulations would amend the exemption so that it would no longer apply points to recipients of arranged employment who are not working or authorized to work in Canada. All other applicants would be required to provide proof of settlement funds.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t271987.0.html

vatsaltr

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dear all,

i have got fixed deposits (with two names myself and my father's name) and a balance in public provident fund.

will these documents be ok to show proof of funds??

please guide

hardi

Apr 25, 2014
Dear all,

Can we put ahead "LIC - Investment Policy" and PF as proof of fund? I currently don't have sufficient funds as per the requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Hardi

hcdane

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC 01-26-2015
AOR Received.
PER 02-20-2015
Hi,

Please be guided of the required funds when applying in EE:

1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

iceberge said:

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
vatsaltr said:
Dear all,

i have got fixed deposits (with two names myself and my father's name) and a balance in public provident fund.

will these documents be ok to show proof of funds??

please guide
Funds cannot be in name of anyone not included in your application

vatsaltr

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014

thank for your reply

but the fixed deposit certificate has my name too. Can half of the amount be considered mine?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vatsaltr said:

thank for your reply

but the fixed deposit certificate has my name too. Can half of the amount be considered mine?
I face the same problem, except for the fact that everything is in my name - bank statements, PPF, fixed deposits, insurance policies etc...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vatsaltr said:

thank for your reply

They need to be in your name or your spouse's name only.

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
i just found out that we have to disclose about any personal loans or credit cards we have and outstanding debts....that means if we have a loan of say 10000$ (in my case) which i pay a installment every month till 2017 and still i have 12000$ in my account as liquid cash i think they would still reject my file saying the amoutn of liquid cash i have is equal to the amount of loan i owe to the bank so technically i just have 2000$ left.

damn this would be a great problem. and if i show my other account which has no balance and just put all cash in there would be another problem again as they would want to know where the cash came from .... so technically you shall have no loans of credit card debts and have 12000$ in our account if you are single applicant.

check this complete information at

http ://www .cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

remove the spaces from the link

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
i just found out that we have to disclose about any personal loans or credit cards we have and outstanding debts....that means if we have a loan of say 10000$ (in my case) which i pay a installment every month till 2017 and still i have 12000$ in my account as liquid cash i think they would still reject my file saying the amoutn of liquid cash i have is equal to the amount of loan i owe to the bank so technically i just have 2000$ left.

damn this would be a great problem. and if i show my other account which has no balance and just put all cash in there would be another problem again as they would want to know where the cash came from .... so technically you shall have no loans of credit card debts and have 12000$ in our account if you are single applicant.

check this complete information at

http ://www .cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

remove the spaces from the link
I don't think credit cards/loans are taken into account for proof of funds. Yes, CIC want to know about them but I think that it is more of a case of double checking that you have not taken out a loan as a means of meeting the proof of funds requriement.

You do not have to be in a net positive cash position for proof of funds. If you did, pretty much no-one would get into the country! For example, everyone with a house (and mortgage) would automatically not have sufficient funds as any mortgage is likely to eclipse any cash funds.

I have credit card debts and loan debts. I aim to prove that I have the minimum fund requriement in cash in my account and that I am also able to service the loans/debts without using these funds. I think that is what CIC want to know.

I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on this though.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the amount to put under how much fund do I bring to Canada.
I am applying for CEC, so do not need to put min 12k for myself, but just whatever in my account.

But, will it be a misrepresentation to put less than what I actually have in my account currently?
I am wondering this because for the past 6 months, there was one point that I had to withdraw large amount of money. but it was come back to what I usually have shortly.
So if the balance was like 5k most of the time, but was down to 2k at one point during the past 6 months, should I put 5k or 2k?

Any advice is appreciated :)