+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!!!! Help on July 2018 Urgent processing Citizenship grant

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
Hello Follow members;

Can some one share his experience in Citizenship application submitted in July 2018. Mine was received July 16th as per post Canada trucking and It was Urgent . But I didn't even get the AOR I called the call center many times but they still give me the same responses that It's under review for urgent processing . The reason for urgent processing was: Foreign companies that offered me a Job to represent them In Canada with an option to travel in different countries including USA , I don't have a passeport and Can not get my Country passeport as I was a protected person.
There after my father got critically sick and I wanted to visit him in neighboring country where he was being treated and I sent a medical certificate as proof but I did get any feedback from IRCC , I sent them a reminder letter but no responses in October I requested a travel document and applied for Visa so that I could visit my father I was able to single entry expensively and very long process how ever I visited him but he is still critically sick and he went back in my home country regarding the Job offer I'm not very concerned as I have a good Job, it was an opportunity and both qualified with urgent processing:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

I kindly need your sincere experience and advice on what's should I do in that case to have a solution as my father is still sick and is also old and in the worst case scenarios I couldn't be able to go without Canadian passeport . Thanks for your feedback

Happy Holly days everyone
John

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hello Follow members;

Can some one share his experience in Citizenship application submitted in July 2018. Mine was received July 16th as per post Canada trucking and It was Urgent . But I didn't even get the AOR I called the call center many times but they still give me the same responses that It's under review for urgent processing . The reason for urgent processing was: Foreign companies that offered me a Job to represent them In Canada with an option to travel in different countries including USA , I don't have a passeport and Can not get my Country passeport as I was a protected person.
There after my father got critically sick and I wanted to visit him in neighboring country where he was being treated and I sent a medical certificate as proof but I did get any feedback from IRCC , I sent them a reminder letter but no responses in October I requested a travel document and applied for Visa so that I could visit my father I was able to single entry expensively and very long process how ever I visited him but he is still critically sick and he went back in my home country regarding the Job offer I'm not very concerned as I have a good Job, it was an opportunity and both qualified with urgent processing:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

I kindly need your sincere experience and advice on what's should I do in that case to have a solution as my father is still sick and is also old and in the worst case scenarios I couldn't be able to go without Canadian passeport . Thanks for your feedback

John
I have no personal experience applying for urgent processing.

I can offer some observations which, in significant part, are based on reported personal experience by others. However, my observations are NOT promising. In particular, it appears that your reasons for urgent processing do NOT meet the criteria for urgent processing (as these are currently and usually applied by IRCC).

The family medical emergency reason is easier to explain, since that is specifically based on not being able to obtain a passport in your current nationality. If you have a passport from your home country, or you are eligible for a passport (if for example your passport expired or has been lost, and thus you need a new passport from your home country), you do NOT meet the criteria for urgent processing due to a family medical emergency. Difficulty (inconvenience) traveling on your home country passport does not, not ordinarily, warrant urgent processing for the grant of Canadian citizenship.

Regarding need for employment reasons: It appears that what you in fact need is a PASSPORT which will facilitate visa-free travel or at least facilitate international travel comparable to what a Canadian passport facilitates. This is NOT the same as needing Canadian citizenship to qualify for particular employment. That is, you need Canadian citizenship in order to get a Canadian passport. The fact that you can obtain this or that employment if you have a Canadian passport generally does NOT qualify for urgent processing. Here too, difficulty (inconvenience) traveling on your home country passport does not, not ordinarily, warrant urgent processing for the grant of Canadian citizenship, even though this can be a big factor in qualifying for a variety of jobs.

The information posted by IRCC is NOT clear about these things. Indeed, IRCC does have discretion to expedite processing in either of your circumstances. And reports, while sporadic and sketchy, suggest that sometimes IRCC has granted urgent processing in similar circumstances. So it was probably worth making a request for urgent processing. Even though getting it is unlikely.

In any event, generally if the need for urgent processing is rooted in the difference between how difficult it is to travel on the individual's home country passport versus a Canadian passport, there is minimal (at best) indication IRCC will expedite processing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Especially given the seriousness of the medical issues. I hope things turn out well. And that in any event your application proceeds quickly through the process.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello Follow members;

John
Unfortunately your case doesn’t seem to fit the urgent processing criteria since it is a job from a foreign company that wants to you travel - unless it’s a Canadian government/military job that requires citizenship, there’s no way you’d be eligible for urgent processing - just think for a second , if IRCC can provide urgent processing for job offers from any company, foreign or Canadian, there would be a flood of companies established just to give people fake job offer for a fee - there’s already tons of such companies for PR applications

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Five months, no AOR? And you are still asking call centre agents about the urgent processing?

Judging from your post above you might have some problems in formulating and expressing facts, and your ideas in writing so hopefully everything is OK with your application.

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
I have no personal experience applying for urgent processing.

I can offer some observations which, in significant part, are based on reported personal experience by others. However, my observations are NOT promising. In particular, it appears that your reasons for urgent processing do NOT meet the criteria for urgent processing (as these are currently and usually applied by IRCC).

The family medical emergency reason is easier to explain, since that is specifically based on not being able to obtain a passport in your current nationality. If you have a passport from your home country, or you are eligible for a passport (if for example your passport expired or has been lost, and thus you need a new passport from your home country), you do NOT meet the criteria for urgent processing due to a family medical emergency. Difficulty (inconvenience) traveling on your home country passport does not, not ordinarily, warrant urgent processing for the grant of Canadian citizenship.

Regarding need for employment reasons: It appears that what you in fact need is a PASSPORT which will facilitate visa-free travel or at least facilitate international travel comparable to what a Canadian passport facilitates. This is NOT the same as needing Canadian citizenship to qualify for particular employment. That is, you need Canadian citizenship in order to get a Canadian passport. The fact that you can obtain this or that employment if you have a Canadian passport generally does NOT qualify for urgent processing. Here too, difficulty (inconvenience) traveling on your home country passport does not, not ordinarily, warrant urgent processing for the grant of Canadian citizenship, even though this can be a big factor in qualifying for a variety of jobs.

The information posted by IRCC is NOT clear about these things. Indeed, IRCC does have discretion to expedite processing in either of your circumstances. And reports, while sporadic and sketchy, suggest that sometimes IRCC has granted urgent processing in similar circumstances. So it was probably worth making a request for urgent processing. Even though getting it is unlikely.

In any event, generally if the need for urgent processing is rooted in the difference between how difficult it is to travel on the individual's home country passport versus a Canadian passport, there is minimal (at best) indication IRCC will expedite processing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Especially given the seriousness of the medical issues. I hope things turn out well. And that in any event your application proceeds quickly through the process.
Thanks for your feedback Appreciate. Hopefully I will get a response from IRCC soon. Happy holidays

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
Is there any advice on what I can do to know what is the updates from IRCC except waiting without knowing the reason why?

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
Unfortunately your case doesn’t seem to fit the urgent processing criteria since it is a job from a foreign company that wants to you travel - unless it’s a Canadian government/military job that requires citizenship, there’s no way you’d be eligible for urgent processing - just think for a second , if IRCC can provide urgent processing for job offers from any company, foreign or Canadian, there would be a flood of companies established just to give people fake job offer for a fee - there’s already tons of such companies for PR applications
Thanks for the feedback , in case they don't consider urgent processing what happens next as some applications for the normal processing have received the AOR

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
Five months, no AOR? And you are still asking call centre agents about the urgent processing?

Judging from your post above you might have some problems in formulating and expressing facts, and your ideas in writing so hopefully everything is OK with your application.
Hello thanks for the feedback , which best way to communicate with IRCC except the Call center ?

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
Hello thanks for the feedback Except the job my father is critically is and on IRCC website they said it's one of the reason for urgent processing if this is not a reasonable what's the fair reason?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello thanks for the feedback Except the job my father is critically is and on IRCC website they said it's one of the reason for urgent processing if this is not a reasonable what's the fair reason?
It’s also written:
“Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.”

Based on how you described your rationale for eligibility, it’s woefully contradictory and a bit “too convenient”. It just does not sound authentic.
Let me explain. You wrote: “ The reason for urgent processing was: Foreigncompanies that offered me a Job to represent them In Canada with an option to travel in different countries including USA...”
1. Why would multiple “companies” make you the same job offer?
2. You clearly said it’s “an option to travel”
3. You stacked your supposedly “job offer” to your father being critically sick and being treated in a “neighboring country” (knowing that you’re not allowed to travel back to your country as a protected person). This is simply too ‘scripted’.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for the feedback , in case they don't consider urgent processing what happens next as some applications for the normal processing have received the AOR
No other solutions, you just have to wait. Some have received AOR but sure there are some others who haven't. With IRCC there's no transparency and fairness and you just have to wish yourself good luck

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
You tired to break The line. In other words you wanted to take advantage of ircc favor. You tired to outsmart us and now you ask our support.
Kindly
It’s also written:
“Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.”

Based on how you described your rationale for eligibility, it’s woefully contradictory and a bit “too convenient”. It just does not sound authentic.
Let me explain. You wrote: “ The reason for urgent processing was: Foreigncompanies that offered me a Job to represent them In Canada with an option to travel in different countries including USA...”
1. Why would multiple “companies” make you the same job offer?
2. You clearly said it’s “an option to travel”
3. You stacked your supposedly “job offer” to your father being critically sick and being treated in a “neighboring country” (knowing that you’re not allowed to travel back to your country as a protected person). This is simply too ‘scripted’.
Thanks for the feedback, just to be clear that company is also registered in Canada. What I think is that because may be IRCC receives many different urgent cases they sometimes take time to review , which is good but in my case depending on the facts I strongly believe that I qualified , can not explain all details in writing but positively my request is fair and I believe that January I will get news. Happy new year

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
You tired to break The line. In other words you wanted to take advantage of ircc favor. You tired to outsmart us and now you ask our support.
Hello,
Thanks for your feedback but I think you did not understand some of my explanations maybe I'm not good in English as this is not my first language. I also don't want taking advantage noooo, I'm honest with my self before even being honest to someone, let's all be positive in our thoughts and opinions if not everyone can find a reason for saying no as opinions depends on everyone attitude let's find a reasonable way of helping people as that's the best of being Human kind . Positivism changes and everyone can help somebody that's my believe . Happy holidays

hirojd012345

Dec 29, 2018
they might have considered you a fraud, a story maker. that's what I read in your email.
Hello; thanks for your feedback, that's your opinion but IRCC is a professional independent and very organized and base on facts not stories, let's kindly help others to understand things positively and gave advise diplomatically that make sens ,not just judging others, kindly be slow in judging negatively without facts. Let's be positive that's the best way to change the world even if we have the lesson to teach others let's do it positively . God bless and happy New Year

RDS1

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Hello; thanks for your feedback, that's your opinion but IRCC is a professional independent and very organized and base on facts not stories, let's kindly help others to understand things positively and gave advise diplomatically that make sens ,not just judging others, kindly be slow in judging negatively without facts. Let's be positive that's the best way to change the world even if we have the lesson to teach others let's do it positively . God bless and happy New Year
I am not sure why you are asking this question of urgent processing eligibility in this form. none of the forum member can decide and have the experience of determining the eligibility .
I think you can simply ask IRCC that why have you not got the AOR after applying so long ago. if you have proof of delivery of your application please send that proof to them and will certainly try to find out if they have received your application.