+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help on flight to take to Montreal. Travelling July for August start of classes.

Lelapin

May 7, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best airline/route to take from Manila, with Montreal as the first point if entry in Canada?

Thanks in advance!

Lelapin

May 7, 2021
I am a bit clueless on how to purchase the flight with that 3 day quarantine in mind.

When I go to the Air Canada website, all flights to Montreal pass through Ontario and the transfer between the two is only hours apart. How should I factor the 3day quarantine in?

Sorry if this is a stupid question -- I have zero experience booking flights! Thank you!

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I am a bit clueless on how to purchase the flight with that 3 day quarantine in mind.

When I go to the Air Canada website, all flights to Montreal pass through Ontario and the transfer between the two is only hours apart. How should I factor the 3day quarantine in?

Sorry if this is a stupid question -- I have zero experience booking flights! Thank you!
no worries i use skyscanner. they give you cheap prices with best airlines .

just book a direct flight to port of entry . ( vancouver, calgary, montreal, toronto ) then book 3 days quarantine in one of the listed hotels in their site. then take the domestic flight to your city and complete the rest of your 14 days quarantine. if your destination city is montreal. then i advise you to take turkish arilines or qatar airways. you will have 1 stop in istanbul or doha then directly to montreal. gonna be 24 hours trip so make sure u get ur pcr test 1 day before your flight. what is the date you want to travel in ?

Lelapin

May 7, 2021
Ohh thank you so much for the information!! I was hoping to fly around June 28 or 29. So when the entire quarantine ends, I still have a month to do whatever needs to be done before classes start.

Thanks again! So i would need to fly directly to either Vancouver or Toronto, then book another flight from there to Montreal. Should I book the domestic flight in advance or is that normally done at the site?

Thank you so much <3

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Ohh thank you so much for the information!! I was hoping to fly around June 28 or 29. So when the entire quarantine ends, I still have a month to do whatever needs to be done before classes start.

Thanks again! So i would need to fly directly to either Vancouver or Toronto, then book another flight from there to Montreal. Should I book the domestic flight in advance or is that normally done at the site?

Thank you so much <3
advance better. also i would say leave at least 1 month before your program starts. otherwise u might be denied in port of entry. having 1 month before your program starts is a long period i guess. leave 4/5 weeks before 2 weeks for quarantine and 2/3 weeks to settle before you start your program.

Reactions: Lelapin

Lelapin

May 7, 2021
advance better. also i would say leave at least 1 month before your program starts. otherwise u might be denied in port of entry. having 1 month before your program starts is a long period i guess. leave 4/5 weeks before 2 weeks for quarantine and 2/3 weeks to settle before you start your program.
Oh, so i might be arriving too early if I fly in June 28/29 for August 16 start of classes?

I had no idea people get denied ot point of entry because of this! Thanks!

Will the student permit be issued at the initial point of entry or Montreal?

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Oh, so i might be arriving too early if I fly in June 28/29 for August 16 start of classes?

That's a bit early but I doubt it will cause a problem. Your study permit will be issued at the initial PoE because that's where you will go through immigration and the initial 3 day hotel quarantine (if it still exists by then). Your domestic flight to montreal will not have any immigration procedures.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia

at port of entry. seen people get denied entry because they entered so early like 2 months / 3 months before the start of their program. which doesn't make sense. but you should be fine. make sure u carry valid medical examination with you and you will be fine.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Just book the flight to your final destination and then call Air Canada for a free reschedule from the stopover location after the 3-day quarantine

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
they have free reschedule ?
As long the final destination does not change. From Air Canada website "Customers arriving in Canada will be required to quarantine for up to three days in a government-authorized accommodation at their first point of entry. Once you’ve booked your flight, contact us to rebook your connecting flight to accommodate the quarantine requirement."

In my case they have rescheduled the connecting flight 3 days later at no extra cost

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
As long the final destination does not change. From Air Canada website "Customers arriving in Canada will be required to quarantine for up to three days in a government-authorized accommodation at their first point of entry. Once you’ve booked your flight, contact us to rebook your connecting flight to accommodate the quarantine requirement."

In my case they have rescheduled the connecting flight 3 days later at no extra cost
thats good . i might do the same booking in connecting flight then reschedule it later will cost less

Lelapin

May 7, 2021
Thank you everyone for your responses!

Any recommendations on the best value-for-money hotel to do the 3 day quarantine?