+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help on bank statement of account for study permit application

heskeyrex

Jul 27, 2012
I applied to humber college institute of tech. in toronto and am already giving an admission letter to proceed for my study permit.

The problem I have now is that I am told by a friend that I can't use my father's company statement of account to apply for visa. I would have wished to use a personal bank account but my dad doesn't use a private account except his company account because he's the only signatory to the account and it a sole company. Please advise me if I can use his company's account or not ( his company is registered and has my name as next of kin )

Moreso, I was advised by a friend that my father should run a new private account and keep running it for 3months starting from this February to april 2013 (meanwhile, embassy requested for updated bank statement upto 6months to the date you submit ), and then apply for my study permit in may with all necessary document, which means the canadian high commission will have 4months only to process my application ( meanwhile, it usually takes 4-6months to get study permit in Nigeria ). Now am confused on using my dad's company account since it is a sole company and he's the only signatory to the account OR I tell him to running a private account for 3months and apply ( which leaves only 4months for CHC to process ) . Please help me sir. I will be very glad.

Also since it takes 4-6 month for canadian high comission to process application, is it advisable to just submit for studypermit 4months remaining to my program starts date. Am confused, please help me

arbutus

Aug 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jun-12
Doc's Request.
28-Mar-13
AOR Received.
31-Jul-12
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
9-Apr-13
Med's Done....
10-Apr-13
This is a forum for permanent residence applicants under the Canadian Experience Class. You may receive a reply faster if you post in the International Students forum (go to the Canada Immigration Forum main web page, scroll down to Temporary Entry Topics, then click International Students).

Best of luck.