+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help of IRCC Statutory Questions

brad7

Feb 25, 2022
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has assessed your application for permanent
residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a
complete application
as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

-Police Certificate
The Police certificate(s) from the country of your current residence is/are issued
more than six months prior to the date your application was submitted.

Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not
identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a
refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid
this fee.

Should we answer yes to both questions below? Any help is appreciate. Thank you.

I've created a new EE application and about to apply for the second time. In my "application/profile details" Form, in a "Statutory Questions" section I have to questions:

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

gulam.23996

Mar 16, 2023
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has assessed your application for permanent
residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a
complete application
as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

-Police Certificate
The Police certificate(s) from the country of your current residence is/are issued
more than six months prior to the date your application was submitted.

Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not
identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a
refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid
this fee.

Should we answer yes to both questions below? Any help is appreciate. Thank you.

I've created a new EE application and about to apply for the second time. In my "application/profile details" Form, in a "Statutory Questions" section I have to questions:

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Hi @brad7,
Did you choose "No" for the statutory questions? I have exactly same rejection due to PCC being older than 6 months. Let me know. Thanks!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi @brad7,
Did you choose "No" for the statutory questions? I have exactly same rejection due to PCC being older than 6 months. Let me know. Thanks!
A bit different but somehow similar...

I had my first OINP PNP application returned due to missing declaration form. When I finally get my PNP, in my federal PR application, I answered “yes” to that question and explained my situation in the provided text box. I mentioned my first OINP application number and date so that they can cross-check from their end.

IMHO, better to say “yes” and explain upfront than getting a PFL later. After all, you can still argue that since it was not “accepted” then it is “rejected”.