+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed_Quebec PNP

Go to Quebec

Dec 22, 2011
Hi All,

I need help about Quebec PNP stuff. I've applied for Quebec PNP under general FSW category.
Here are some details of my case and questions in that context.

(A) Principal Applicant:

Sr. Description Details

1 Nationality: Indian
2 Country of Citizenship. India
3 Age: 33 Years
4 Marital Status: Married
5 Country of Residence: India
6 The current location Country: India
7 Preferred destination in Quebec: Montreal
8 Dependent Children: 1 Daughter of 7 Years old
9 Personal Net Worth: Approx 8 Lakhs (INR)
10 Language Skills
English: Read, Write and Speak (Overall IELTS Score = 3.5 Bands)
French: No
11 Education and Training: B.A. Pass (With History as Principal Subject)
12 Canadian Job Offer? No
13 Family and Friends in Canada? No

(B) Co-Applicant:

Sr. Description Details

1 Nationality: Indian
2 Country of Citizenship. India
3 Age: 34 Years
4 Marital Status: Married
5 Country of Residence: India
6 The current location Country: India
7 Preferred destination in Quebec: Montreal
8 Dependent Children: As stated above for Principal Applicant
9 Personal Net Worth: As stated above for Principal Applicant
10 Language Skills
English: Read, Write and Speak Fluently (Studied throughut English Medium)
French: No
11 Education and Training: H.S.C.
12 Canadian Job Offer? No
13 Family and Friends in Canada? No

Based on the above mentioned details, I'd like to know the following things:

1. Chances of getting an interview call (i.e. if my application gets accepted and I'm called for an interview).
2. Chances of getting a CSQ directly (i.e. without an interview call)
3. If called for an interview, what kind of questions are likely to be asked (any prior experiences on this is highly appreciated).
4. Duration of interview.
5. As I've applied from India (Ahmedabad City - Gujarat State), where could be the place for interview.
6. I've placed my application on October 20 2011, which they've received on October 24 2011. As per the email that I'd got from them (in response to my query on file status), it states "Please be patient and come back to us if you still connot receive our letter in 2012". Can someone please help me understand that by what time in 2012 can I expect further update from them?

A big thanks in advance for your kind guidance and help!

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
posting all your personal details on public forum is simply beyond me... wow

Go to Quebec

Dec 22, 2011
Dear, it's all about being transperant in order to have more accurate inputs. Since I've put a lot of efforts to fly away abroad, I think this is essential for me, being a very very siginficant part of my life

Go to Quebec

Dec 22, 2011
Hi Friends,

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can help me here....this is really really significant for me.
I hope everyone understands the mental state for matters like this.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Hi,

This will help you calculate the points for yourself.
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Did you say you have already applied ? under which stream ? the Quebec program and the FSW are 2 different streams.

with a rough calculation, i think you're getting only 43. The cutoff for married applicants is 57. I suggest that you and your wife take up french seriously. You should take up IELTS coaching at a good center; no self study. it wont help you (no offence meant but IELTS scores of 3.5 needs months of extensive coaching and a LOT of extra reading and speaking practise)

with this, you could improve your scores and make it to the cutoffs.

other questions
Based on the above mentioned details, I'd like to know the following things:

1. Chances of getting an interview call (i.e. if my application gets accepted and I'm called for an interview).
weak case.
2. Chances of getting a CSQ directly (i.e. without an interview call)
none.
3. If called for an interview, what kind of questions are likely to be asked (any prior experiences on this is highly appreciated).
pls search the forum, there are many threads with this info in detail.
4. Duration of interview.
anything between 45 mts to 1.5 hrs.
5. As I've applied from India (Ahmedabad City - Gujarat State), where could be the place for interview.
most likely New Delhi. But depends on the schedule of the missions another possibility is Hong Kong.
6. I've placed my application on October 20 2011, which they've received on October 24 2011. As per the email that I'd got from them (in response to my query on file status), it states "Please be patient and come back to us if you still connot receive our letter in 2012". Can someone please help me understand that by what time in 2012 can I expect further update from them?
the last batch of interviews were scheduled for people who applied in Oct 2010. This means a wait time of atleast 1 year for interviews.

Do follow this thread. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html

All the best.

Go to Quebec

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks, vibez_well!

Some more focus on your questions....

Q 1. Did you say you have already applied ?
Ans 1. Yes, I've already applied (application made on October 20 2011)
Q 2. Under which stream ? the Quebec program and the FSW are 2 different streams.
Ans 2. I've applied under General FSW.

Couple of questions on your prior reply....

Que. I've placed my application on October 20 2011, which they've received on October 24 2011. As per the email that I'd got from them (in response to my query on file status), it states "Please be patient and come back to us if you still connot receive our letter in 2012". Can someone please help me understand that by what time in 2012 can I expect further update from them?

Ans. The last batch of interviews were scheduled for people who applied in Oct 2010. This means a wait time of atleast 1 year for interviews.

Follow-up Question - From where did you get this info? Seems its pretty old one (as you talk about Oct 2010). I'd love to see the latest trend and updates on this.

On a side note, any inputs regarding moving abroad (any place) in light of the facts mentioned about my case is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your response, dear :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi friend,
as you have mentioned here that you applied for general FSW, it will be very little of your help if you ask questions related to quebec skilled worker immigration.
Also I was wondering why you kept your subject of the post as "Help Needed_Quebec PNP" when you applied for FSW??

the interview timeline mentioned by another member here is regarding qsw interview for CSQ for BIQ HK. It may be different for FSW, so pls search it on cic website.

Go to Quebec said:
Respected All,

Kindly share your thoughts here.....

Thanks for all your support!
Go to Quebec said:
Thanks, vibez_well!

Some more focus on your questions....

Q 1. Did you say you have already applied ?
Ans 1. Yes, I've already applied (application made on October 20 2011)
Q 2. Under which stream ? the Quebec program and the FSW are 2 different streams.
Ans 2. I've applied under General FSW.

Couple of questions on your prior reply....

Que. I've placed my application on October 20 2011, which they've received on October 24 2011. As per the email that I'd got from them (in response to my query on file status), it states "Please be patient and come back to us if you still connot receive our letter in 2012". Can someone please help me understand that by what time in 2012 can I expect further update from them?

Ans. The last batch of interviews were scheduled for people who applied in Oct 2010. This means a wait time of atleast 1 year for interviews.

Follow-up Question - From where did you get this info? Seems its pretty old one (as you talk about Oct 2010). I'd love to see the latest trend and updates on this.

On a side note, any inputs regarding moving abroad (any place) in light of the facts mentioned about my case is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your response, dear :)