+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed

May 15, 2018
Hello

Me and my wife are Canadian Permanent residents for the last 3+ years and our child(<1 year old) is a Canadian(born here). My wife and the kid are in India and are planning to travel back in 2 months along with me - I will travelling to go get them.

The issue we have is that my wife's Passport is expiring within 2 months of travelling back to Canada. Her PR is valid. Will that be a problem?

Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Me and my wife are Canadian Permanent residents for the last 3+ years and our child(<1 year old) is a Canadian(born here). My wife and the kid are in India and are planning to travel back in 2 months along with me - I will travelling to go get them.

The issue we have is that my wife's Passport is expiring within 2 months of travelling back to Canada. Her PR is valid. Will that be a problem?

Thank you!
That means she need to renew the passport in Canada or not. Wouldn't it be more convenient to get it done in India?

May 15, 2018
We tried to renew in India but the documentation required will take time and there is no express service available. Will it be a problem if while travelling that though the passport is still valid; it will expire within 2 months?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We tried to renew in India but the documentation required will take time and there is no express service available. Will it be a problem if while travelling that though the passport is still valid; it will expire within 2 months?
You should check with the airlines. Personally, I don't think it's a problem.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As far as I understand, Canada / CBSA will not care - the PR is valid and in compliance with residency obligation, there's not much else to discuss. (Well vaccinations and covid stuff)

So really it comes down to whether the airline will care.