+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed ..

Yadwinder93

Jan 12, 2019
My studies starting from 24 august . I got visa on 27 jan... Will there be any issue if i fly to canada in march ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
My studies starting from 24 august . I got visa on 27 jan... Will there be any issue if i fly to canada in march ?
Any specific reason for flying so early? You can't work before class start so CBSA may doubt an early arrival. A month or two in advance is allright but 5 months before class start is bit risky. Others can correct me however

Yadwinder93

Jan 12, 2019
Any specific reason for flying so early? You can't work before class start so CBSA may doubt an early arrival. A month or two in advance is allright but 5 months before class start is bit risky. Others can correct me however
Yes . Many people are saying same..

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Arriving in March for a course starting end August is way too early given you need to show you can support yourself financially without working for all that time. Begin July would be the absolute earliest most people here would recommend for an end August start. Ultimately there is no official guidance so decision is yours just be prepared to explain yourself convincingly to CBSA.

Yadwinder93

Jan 12, 2019
Arriving in March for a course starting end August is way too early given you need to show you can support yourself financially without working for all that time. Begin July would be the absolute earliest most people here would recommend for an end August start. Ultimately there is no official guidance so decision is yours just be prepared to explain yourself convincingly to CBSA.
If i take 3500-4000 cad. With me to show my 3,4 month expenses.. will they still have any problem with that?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
If i take 3500-4000 cad. With me to show my 3,4 month expenses.. will they still have any problem with that?
Monthly expenses on an average in most of Canadian cities range from CAD 1000-1500 . If you want to spend this kind of money with no evident advantage accruing to you then you can do so.
You will not be able to start working before you begin your classes even then 20 hrs/week @ minimum wages would net you CAD900-1000 per month. During internships this would come down to CAD 500-750.
IMO you should have this amount as backup should your study pressure prevent you from working the full 20 hrs/week.
Just my opinion based on personal experience. Good luck.