+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP NEEDED!!!

Rax014

Jul 28, 2017
Hello everyone!!

I have been living in Canada for 5 years now, came as an international student for my bachelors, got post graduate work permit in March 2015. Since then I have been striving to get a job in NOC 0,A,B category job in order to be eligible for express entry or PnP. I have been working for the same company since last 3.5 years but I got moved up as assistant manager on November 01, 2016, now I have to wait until November 2017 to be able to create my profile for express entry. My work permit expires in March 2018. Two weeks back I went back home to see my family and got married as well. I have given ielts exam and I got 6.5 over all, listening 6.5, speaking 7, reading and writing 6. I gave another IELTS exam to increase my marks and I got 7 in listening, 7.5 in speaking, 6.5 in reading and 5.5 in writing and My current individual CRS score is 410

My concerns if anyone can help me out here.

1) what is the best route for me to apply for PR?

2) am I eligible to create express entry profile after November 1 or after October 1?

3) what if I create my profile and CRS score doesn't go low to a point where I qualify and my work permit expires? What is the next step after to be able to stay in Canada.

4) for the spouse, is it better to apply with me together in express entry or get my PR first, then sponsor, which route is easier, better and faster.

5) what else can I do to increase my CRS marks besides writing English language test again.

6) life is really stressful not knowing the solution for all these concerns, specially when you have limited time. Can someone please help me out here as I don't want to go back home as living here for 5 years now, I am used to of this culture and society and it will be a big disaster if I go back. Hopefully I don't have to.

Awaiting for someone to help me out here.

Thank you all!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If your current score is 410 then once you complete a year of Canadian work experience your score will be high enough for a direct invite.
2 - Nov 1st.
3 - Visitor permit or Study permit if applicable.
4 - It all depends whether your spouse has credentials to push your score up or drag it down (IETLS, ECA, Canadian work experience). Sponsorship takes up to 12 months.
5 - Getting a valid job offer, taking the TEF test, etc.
6 - You may have limited time but these are all basic questions, you really have to do your due diligence and do some research.

Rax014

Jul 28, 2017
1 - If your current score is 410 then once you complete a year of Canadian work experience your score will be high enough for a direct invite.
2 - Nov 1st.
3 - Visitor permit or Study permit if applicable.
4 - It all depends whether your spouse has credentials to push your score up or drag it down (IETLS, ECA, Canadian work experience). Sponsorship takes up to 12 months.
5 - Getting a valid job offer, taking the TEF test, etc.
6 - You may have limited time but these are all basic questions, you really have to do your due diligence and do some research.

Thank you for your message. My marks are 410 based on it I complete my one year experience on November 2017. Some consultants I have contacted they told me that I can create express entry profile after October 1 as this is how it works and that technically it will be a year already in October. If I apply visitor visa, how long before shall I apply and what would be the reason to apply for visitors visa? Also, yesterday I checked my score on cic crs calculator, it was 385 whereas on canadavisa.com it showed my score as 403 with spouse. Which one is more reliable and which one should I consider correct.

If anyone else can shed their thoughts it will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
You should ask your wife to evaluate her degree and take IELTS. When you have a spouse, your point may be reduced. You can lose anywhere up to 40 points depending on your spouse education and language score.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your message. My marks are 410 based on it I complete my one year experience on November 2017. Some consultants I have contacted they told me that I can create express entry profile after October 1 as this is how it works and that technically it will be a year already in October. If I apply visitor visa, how long before shall I apply and what would be the reason to apply for visitors visa? Also, yesterday I checked my score on cic crs calculator, it was 385 whereas on canadavisa.com it showed my score as 403 with spouse. Which one is more reliable and which one should I consider correct.

If anyone else can shed their thoughts it will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
You're free to create a profile but be aware that you simply do not meet the MEC for the CEC program on October 1st. If your consultants are saying that you can claim a year of work experience with 11 months of such experience then they are idiots.

The CIC calculator is more reliable and regarding when you should apply for a visitor permit this information you can find on the CIC website.

Rax014

Jul 28, 2017
You should ask your wife to evaluate her degree and take IELTS. When you have a spouse, your point may be reduced. You can lose anywhere up to 40 points depending on your spouse education and language score.

Thank you for your message. My spouse is in last year of her university, doing her bachelor. Since she hasn't completed her bachelor yet so she will be considered as high school graduate only I beleive, her IELTS result is pending. Will get to know in a day or two.

Rax014

Jul 28, 2017
You're free to create a profile but be aware that you simply do not meet the MEC for the CEC program on October 1st. If your consultants are saying that you can claim a year of work experience with 11 months of such experience then they are idiots.

The CIC calculator is more reliable and regarding when you should apply for a visitor permit this information you can find on the CIC website.
Thank you again, but what would be my statement of purpose when I will apply for visitor visa.?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You tell me, why do you want to stay in Canada without being able to work? Whichever the reason that is what you should tell IRCC.

Bottom line though, we shouldn't even be talking about this, with CLB 9 in the IETLS you would easily get an ITA before your work permit expires. It is up to you to get those scores.