+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed!!!!

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
From 1st to 8th semester my percentage is 52. And from 5th to 8th my percentage is 57. As i mentioned that I have 8 backlogs. But my number of re attempts is 16. Will they see this as 16 backlogs??. M so scared about this. And the program which i have been enrolled to is almost 90 percent related to my graduation studies. And my ielts score is 6.5 . I already paid my college fees. GIC everything is done. M only and only scared of my backlogs.
They will check your percentage and backlogs. You should have mentioned the reason of not doing well in previous studies in your sop.

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
From 1st to 8th semester my percentage is 52. And from 5th to 8th my percentage is 57. As i mentioned that I have 8 backlogs. But my number of re attempts is 16. Will they see this as 16 backlogs??. M so scared about this. And the program which i have been enrolled to is almost 90 percent related to my graduation studies. And my ielts score is 6.5 . I already paid my college fees. GIC everything is done. M only and only scared of my backlogs.
Hi, don't worry about the backlogs. I have seen many cases with 20 plus backlogs. Don't mention the backlogs in your SOP. I have 15 backlogs andI haven't mentioned it in the SOP. One of my knowns got the visa in the May 2017 session with 17 backlogs including attempts. Some colleges ask for backlog certificate while giving offer letter. There is no need to mention the backlogs in SOP and even no need to submit backlog certificate with the visa file. Just make your SOP strong. Good Luck!

Anonymous...

Jun 23, 2017
From 5th semester my percentage is in increasing order... And out
They will check your percentage and backlogs. You should have mentioned the reason of not doing well in previous studies in your sop.
From 5th semester my percentage is in increasing order.. And coming to backlogs out of 8 backlogs 7 are from first 2 years. And i got distinction in my last semester..

Anonymous...

Jun 23, 2017
Hi, don't worry about the backlogs. I have seen many cases with 20 plus backlogs. Don't mention the backlogs in your SOP. I have 15 backlogs andI haven't mentioned it in the SOP. One of my knowns got the visa in the May 2017 session with 17 backlogs including attempts. Some colleges ask for backlog certificate while giving offer letter. There is no need to mention the backlogs in SOP and even no need to submit backlog certificate with the visa file. Just make your SOP strong. Good Luck!
Ya many people are saying the same thing... Just be positive and focus on all the good things. But some people say don't hide anything from the visa officer. Totally scared about my backlogs.

Anonymous...

Jun 23, 2017
sir any tips for strong sop

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Well, by going this way, one needs to have luck. It varies from visa officer to officer. There are cases where many people with backlogs got through yet there are also many cases where people with low percentage and backlogs did not make it. It's all luck. If officer started looking the academics, it might be a problem.

I think, we should present the case genuinely. We don't have to write backlogs in the sop, at least we could state the reason for not doing well in past studies. Just like the guy started above started to do well from above 5th semester. He could write a reason for not doing well in first 2 years. That's it.

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Well, by going this way, one needs to have luck. It varies from visa officer to officer. There are cases where many people with backlogs got through yet there are also many cases where people with low percentage and backlogs did not make it. It's all luck. If officer started looking the academics, it might be a problem.

I think, we should present the case genuinely. We don't have to write backlogs in the sop, at least we could state the reason for not doing well in past studies. Just like the guy started above started to do well from above 5th semester. He could write a reason for not doing well in first 2 years. That's it.
Hi, in most of the cases, VO doesn't look for backlogs. If we mention the backlogs in SOP then it will create attention of the VO towards backlogs. If we will specify the reason why we got backlogs, and if the VO doesn't get satisfied with the reason why we got backlogs, then our visa may be rejected. So, it is always better not to mention backlogs. However, we can justify why we got less than 60% marks in the degree as it clearly shown in the mark sheets. Whereas backlogs are not mentioned on the mark sheets anywhere, the only thing is the date of issue of the mark sheets would be changed due to backlogs.

So, it's better not to mention backlogs anywhere in the file or SOP. If we have any good and genuine reason why we got less marks in the degree like health issues ( we can submit medical reports along with the file ), only then justify it. Otherwise, we should not mention why we got less marks in the degree. As 55% marks come under 2nd division.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
I agree with you Nitin. Having backlogs shouldn't be an issue as long his course is relevant to his background and he is going for a higher level of education and meets all the requirements he should be fine.

Why to make things more complicated by including the backlogs and stuff. I wouldn't write anything in SOP.

Anonymous...

Jun 23, 2017
The normal no. of marks sheets should be 8 but mine is 12(excluding attempts including passed Of those 8 backlogs ). should I include my medical reports as I was having typhoid during my 1st semester and fourth semester. Where these semesters carry 6 backlogs out of 8. but again will the vo thanks that he has some health issues and he is not a healthy person. ( if i am producing those medical reports should i explain that as a reason for backlogs or reason for low percentage. Or In a indirect way by just say that i was suffering from typhoid in my first and fourth semester and not saying anything about backlogs????).

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi, in most of the cases, VO doesn't look for backlogs. If we mention the backlogs in SOP then it will create attention of the VO towards backlogs. If we will specify the reason why we got backlogs, and if the VO doesn't get satisfied with the reason why we got backlogs, then our visa may be rejected. So, it is always better not to mention backlogs. However, we can justify why we got less than 60% marks in the degree as it clearly shown in the mark sheets. Whereas backlogs are not mentioned on the mark sheets anywhere, the only thing is the date of issue of the mark sheets would be changed due to backlogs.

So, it's better not to mention backlogs anywhere in the file or SOP. If we have any good and genuine reason why we got less marks in the degree like health issues ( we can submit medical reports along with the file ), only then justify it. Otherwise, we should not mention why we got less marks in the degree. As 55% marks come under 2nd division.
I agree. I never said to mention backlogs in SOP, just reason of not doing well in previous studies. That's it.

Anonymous...

Jun 23, 2017
The normal no. of marks sheets should be 8 but mine is 12(excluding attempts including passed Of those 8 backlogs ). should I include my medical reports as I was having typhoid during my 1st semester and fourth semester. Where these semesters carry 6 backlogs out of 8. but again will the vo thanks that he has some health issues and he is not a healthy person. ( if i am producing those medical reports should i explain that as a reason for backlogs or reason for low percentage. Or In a indirect way by just say that i was suffering from typhoid in my first and fourth semester and not saying anything about backlogs????).
????

nitinpahwa77

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hi, you don't need to show medical report. Just be confident in the SOP that you did everything right. Don't mention backlogs and your low marks in the degree in the SOP. Just mention why you want to choose this course, how it is relevant to your background and how will it make your career. Don't make things complicated in the SOP. Don't mention in the SOP that you have low marks. Just be confident in the SOP that you did well in your degree.