+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed

offpiste

Oct 16, 2013
Hi guys I applied for my citizenship with my parents(through lawyer) on Oct 2012 and it has been in process since Feb 2013. In May 2013 my Father got R.Q. Today I called CIC to check my status and they told me that everything looks okay on my file but since one of my family member has got R.Q so my application has been automatically delayed(36 months). At the time of application I requested my lawyer to file my application separately as I am adult and not dependent on my parents but apparently he mailed our file in one envelope to CIC. :eek:

I am planing to pursue medical education in US(next year) and Canadian passport will definitely increase my chance. So if any experienced forum member can guide me on my situation it would be of great help. Is there a way to separate my file now and have it processed separately or I am just stuck with this situation :'(

Thanks in advance

offpiste

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for you reply but if I reapply again then I have to submit my application again and then everything will start from square one???? Is this the best way to tackle my position??

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
you cant separate the file while it is in processing. Unless you withdraw and start a new one. You can always consult a lawyer but in my experience they are a waste of money.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
I would not listen to anyone as non of us is an expert albeit some make it sound pretty peremptory and unappealable. I would call the call centre (1-888-242-2100) and ask them directly.

offpiste

Oct 16, 2013
RussCan said:
I would not listen to anyone as non of us is an expert albeit some make it sound pretty peremptory and unappealable. I would call the call centre (1-888-242-2100) and ask them directly.
Thanks I will do it first thing in the morning :)