+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed with visitor visa

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hi guys,

I am not sure if anyone had a similar situation as i did or knows what should i do next step?

I am on my work visa to stay in Canada while waiting for my outland family sponsorship to be processed, now the problem is my work visa will expire in july, i tried to renew it, but not sure if i will be approved for it, so i am just getting a plan b by apply for a visitor visa. should i apply under extend your stay or visit your family. i have read it somewhere saying that you have to show them you will leave Canada by the time your visa is done, but in my case, i just had a new born baby and got married last year. its very hard for me to show i will leave canada by the time my visa expires.

please help if you know what should i do. thank you in advance for any suggestions.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was similar situation.
My pwp was expired, I applied for new work permit and denied so I applied for restoration of status.

You could wait till you get result of application for work permit or apply visitor visa now (change status )

if your work permit denied, CIC would give you a month or so to leave the country, then you could apply for restoration of status. (that was my lawyer's advice)

I would recommend to talk to lawyer , they usually offer free consultation ( you can take advantage of it).

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
floomy said:
I was similar situation.
My pwp was expired, I applied for new work permit and denied so I applied for restoration of status.

You could wait till you get result of application for work permit or apply visitor visa now (change status )

if your work permit denied, CIC would give you a month or so to leave the country, then you could apply for restoration of status. (that was my lawyer's advice)

I would recommend to talk to lawyer , they usually offer free consultation ( you can take advantage of it).
Great. Thanks for your help. Do you know how long do I have for the restoration period? 3months?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.