+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed with CRS score calculation..plz

Sherry463

May 27, 2017
Hello fellow forum members,
when I am calculating my CRS score I am asked this question, ' In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?'

I am confused as to what exactly does this statement implies as answering it yes/no is greatly affecting my score.
TIA.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello fellow forum members,
when I am calculating my CRS score I am asked this question, ' In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?'

I am confused as to what exactly does this statement implies as answering it yes/no is greatly affecting my score.
TIA.
In CRS calculator it asks if u have two post secondary qualifications you will get additional points. Lets say you have a graduation degree of 3 years or more and a PG diploma as well

Sherry463

May 27, 2017
In CRS calculator it asks if u have two post secondary qualifications you will get additional points. Lets say you have a graduation degree of 3 years or more and a PG diploma as well
Got it now so besides my 4 year undergrad i need to have another PG diploma to be eligible for this. Thanks :)

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi. Does the second PG diploma / degree need to go through ECA too? I already have a UK MBA which I'll send for ECA.

Last edited:

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi. Does the second PG diploma / degree need to go through ECA too? I already have a UK MBA which I'll send for ECA.
If ur MBA is evaluated as a masters then U vl get points for masters which is next only to having a PhD. Its better to get ur MBA and the other PG/ degree evaluated as well. In some cases they will ask u to get ur degree evaluated too. Otherwise only highest degree evaluation is good

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
If ur MBA is evaluated as a masters then U vl get points for masters which is next only to having a PhD. Its better to get ur MBA and the other PG/ degree evaluated as well. In some cases they will ask u to get ur degree evaluated too. Otherwise only highest degree evaluation is good
Thanks. I can get the other degree evaluated too, but will I get more points for it - or only for the MBA? Any idea? Thanks

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks. I can get the other degree evaluated too, but will I get more points for it - or only for the MBA? Any idea? Thanks
If ur MBA is evaluated as masters ul not get any more points for ur degree. my MBA was from India and WES has asked me to send my degree as well.
U can chk in WES site once before sending. If they ask only MBA then it is fine
Good luck

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
If ur MBA is evaluated as masters ul not get any more points for ur degree. my MBA was from India and WES has asked me to send my degree as well.
U can chk in WES site once before sending. If they ask only MBA then it is fine
Good luck
Thanks. WES's free tool says it's equal to a Canadian Masters. So no point sending the PGD too then?
Thing is, WES charge 200 per document. Alberta IQAS charge 200 for any # of documents, so thought I should get it done from there...