+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed w.r.t 'Funds available for my stay'

sachinmadhu2005

Apr 8, 2013
Hey,

I am a Phd student in USA applying to get a TRV for attending a conference in Canada. My travel expenses will be completely taken care of by my university in USA and I would be getting free accommodation for the conference. My doubt is whether I still need to show my bank statement since I will not be using my money at all. Or should I only upload the 'letter of support' provided by my university along with the free accommodation offer from the conference committee? In that case what I should write in the 'Funds available for my stay (CAD)' column in IMM5257E?

Will be really grateful for your help!!!

saleda

Feb 24, 2013
i had 3000 CAD, and my trip cost was <3000CAD so VO was satisfied with point in rejection list which was:-
i am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds , included income or assets, to carry out to canada or to maintain yourself while in canada and to effect your departure.
i got rejection on purpose of your visit which was i filled business.
basically i gave purposed budget in travel itinerary. give me your email id so that i can forward copy to you to make successful your trip.
after delivering your budget on paper as per your trip. you need to make it attested by your guide or university consulate who verify that they will pay for your trip and support your budget. i think it could be helpful for you. again send me your email id so that i can forward my planned budget copy to you and you can follow the right format. Thanks.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Sachin,

Dont worry. Ur case is strong. u should upload and attach the 'letter of support' provided by university along with the free accommodation offer from the conference committee with ur file. Can u estimate that how much fund provide u by ur university in this whole trip?

If u have ur own bank statement then u can write there.

sachinmadhu2005

Apr 8, 2013
Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your help. Yes I have an estimate of the amount university will be paying for my trip which do not include the accommodation amount. I am not sure of the accommodation amount as the conference committee just told that they will take care of that. But I have their confirmation email for that. I can include my bank statement too. For bank statement, is the online document ok or I need to get the paper copy from the bank, notarize and upload it?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Sachin,

u need to get the paper copy from the bank.......