+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed: Visitor Visa Application

hello2018

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hello,
I want to apply for tourist visa for my parents. My parents had Canada visa a year ago but they didn’t visit during that time. I don’t know the process as first time they had applied with help of agent. Agent is charging too high fee.
I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format?
Could any one walk through the process? Do we have to use same UCI number which was earlier used in tourist visa?? What are dos and don'ts?
Please share your valuable insights.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello,
I want to apply for tourist visa for my parents. My parents had Canada visa a year ago but they didn’t visit during that time. I don’t know the process as first time they had applied with help of agent. Agent is charging too high fee.
I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format?
Could any one walk through the process? Do we have to use same UCI number which was earlier used in tourist visa?? What are dos and don'ts?
Search the forum and there are a few threads for how to apply and of course YT as well

I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format? You can invite them for a specific purpose and show proof of your status and funds. However the applicants if over 18 have to show their own home ties, funds and justify purpose of visit.

If applying for your parents, keep the visit short and show enough funds to fund the travel and some home ties such as pension or properties back home.

Best of Luck

Reactions: hello2018

hello2018

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Search the forum and there are a few threads for how to apply and of course YT as well

I am student currently in Canada. So I have to write invitation letter? What is format? You can invite them for a specific purpose and show proof of your status and funds. However the applicants if over 18 have to show their own home ties, funds and justify purpose of visit.

If applying for your parents, keep the visit short and show enough funds to fund the travel and some home ties such as pension or properties back home.

Best of Luck
Thank you for help.