+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed - upcoming interview

cat

Dec 16, 2008
Hi,
My husband accepted a job offer as a GP in BC. CPSBC provisional registration accepted, LMO approved, Medicals approved, passports requested by Pretoria CHC on 17 November.
An interview is required on 29 January.
The only (huge) issue we can think of, is inconsistent information in his application.
When he compiled his work experience CV, he did not add his 15 months military training. To confuse matters, his employment file was misplaced at the Provincial hospital where he worked at that time. They used the transfer date from his previous provincial employer for his reference letter. BUT although the file was transferred, my husband had to do his compulsory military service at that time.
On 18 November CHC enquired about his military service and he provided them with a letter with dates.
In other words, he has a reference letter that validates his CV. And another letter with his military dates overlapping those on the reference letter and CV!
I am able to get hold of the following:
1. An official record of his military training
2. A new reference letter, with reasons given for the wrong info on the previous letter, signed by the superintendent of the hospital.
Could the CHC reject our application because of this?
What should we expect at the interview?
Any advice would be appreciated. We are seriously stressed!