+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed to re apply visitor visa for my parents. rejection reason was 179(b)

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hope your having a great day and thanks in advance for sharing your valuable feedback !

Need your views on how to re apply for visitor visa for parents, refusal 179 b

Summary of the application
- Tourist visa application for my parents, have shared the LOA and mentioned will be supporting their travel , insurance and other expenses and they will be staying with me.
-Basic passport and LOA, LOE documents were shared along with other documents as mentioned below.

Documents shared:
-My employment letter
-My Canada Bank statement ( showed $20k for a 20 day tourist visit)
-My Pay stubs

Documents shared For Father
-Net worth statement as financial proof which includes property
- FD of 5L which is part of the net worth certificate
- Shares total 10L
- Employment letter

Documents shared For Mother
-Net worth statement as financial proof which includes property
- FD of 10L which is part of the net worth certificate
- Mutual funds of 15L which is part of the net worth certificate
- Employment letter

Inference which i feel lead to the refusal:
1) One of my parent had applied for a tourist visa more than 8 years back to an agent but we were informed that time the documents were incomplete and didnt proceed . After i got the I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you, asked the agent and found out they had submitted the document and got declined from the officer
2) Did not submit ITR
3) Salary slip , bank statement for parents, leave of absence from employer was not provided
4) Did not mention they have their siblings in India whom stay close by to where we stay
5) Did not provide notarized letter stating they will be back to India.

I did apply for GCMS notes , awaiting for it.

Views needed on how to proceed with this. Thanks a ton for your help and feedback ! Let me know if you need any additional info, will be happy to share to help process my next application

Sharing the IRCC reason as received for one of my parent which is common , except the bold part which is explained above.

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada. I have reviewed your temporary resident visa (visitor visa) application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a visitor visa (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). How much cash did they show (not FD or MF). Your finances not relevant. By saying you will support all their expenses, raises red flags with IRCC that they will not leave.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada. Who lives in home country to return to? That would be any children under 22. Sister is not a tie
• You have significant family ties in Canada. What are ties to return? What did employment letter say?
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Notarized letter really makes no difference.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
In my parents case I showed.
1. About 20 Lakh cash in 1 FDR and my own support of about 100 K CDN in a GIC plus some medical insurnace of 150K each done by manu life.
2. I mentioned properties in their names and their pensions in India.

Dont read too much into this btw, sometimes rejects are by Chinook and reasons are system generated with no useful information.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Cash in hand is less than 50k as they are salaried and all savings are put in FDs or mutual funds as part of retirement.
Only child , hence suggested if should mention their brothers / sisters as part of the LOA
Employment letter stated they r working since more than 20 years and their role , suggest the next time shud mention leave granted and they will return ?
If notarized letter does not add value can you suggest what can be done ?

Thanks

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). How much cash did they show (not FD or MF). Your finances not relevant. By saying you will support all their expenses, raises red flags with IRCC that they will not leave.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada. Who lives in home country to return to? That would be any children under 22. Sister is not a tie
• You have significant family ties in Canada. What are ties to return? What did employment letter say?

Notarized letter really makes no difference.

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
1)Thanks for sharing , however , if we do not have that much sufficient balance for parents what's the work around for point one. I have an FD in India total 20L but can that be shown ?
2) do we need to show papers for pension if any ?

Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks

In my parents case I showed.
1. About 20 Lakh cash in 1 FDR and my own support of about 100 K CDN in a GIC plus some medical insurnace of 150K each done by manu life.
2. I mentioned properties in their names and their pensions in India.

Dont read too much into this btw, sometimes rejects are by Chinook and reasons are system generated with no useful information.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
1)Thanks for sharing , however , if we do not have that much sufficient balance for parents what's the work around for point one. I have an FD in India total 20L but can that be shown ?
2) do we need to show papers for pension if any ?

Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks
Look, its NOT necessary but it seems to be sufficient amount.

I just picked up one nice round figure GIC that was lying around for my home purchase fund collection. Could we have done it with less? I guess should be possible... We were 3(Me, Wife Kid) + 2 (parents). Similarly Mom and dad just picked one FD they had and used it.

Can you show your Indian funds? Umm... they say readily available and accessible. You may be able to show your T4s as proof of income though plus your savings in Canada.
Dad and mom used their pension certificate from central govt. Plus their property registry. It is in joint name.

I got them insurance anyways to be safe. So I added that.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Sure that is something I can do. Also any guidance on what to mention as proof they will go back. It's kinda difficult to ut across if your the only child.
Look, its NOT necessary but it seems to be sufficient amount.

I just picked up one nice round figure GIC that was lying around for my home purchase fund collection. Could we have done it with less? I guess should be possible... We were 3(Me, Wife Kid) + 2 (parents). Similarly Mom and dad just picked one FD they had and used it.

Can you show your Indian funds? Umm... they say readily available and accessible. You may be able to show your T4s as proof of income though plus your savings in Canada.
Dad and mom used their pension certificate from central govt. Plus their property registry. It is in joint name.

I got them insurance anyways to be safe. So I added that.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sure that is something I can do. Also any guidance on what to mention as proof they will go back. It's kinda difficult to ut across if your the only child.
You can use ownership of property, residence and pension as proof.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Pension is only of one parent but will show that also ownership of property document what to show maintenance bill or sale deed documents
Title deed or registry? property tax documents?