+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed to complete Visa application during restoration.

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
I am trying to complete the online application for a new work permit, I am in my restoration period but it is with a new employer.

Please could anybody tell me what I need to check for the question "what would you like to do today" , do I check 'Apply for work permit extension"?

Also when it asks "What is the expiry date of your status in Canada" do I enter the date that is printed on the refusal letter from CIC from the previous visa I applied for, (which was rejected because my employer did not get the LMO in time).

Also any advice on what to write where it asks 'What are the reasons for your request"

Thank you for any help.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
As it's a new employer, you will apply for a new work permit. Here's what I found on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp#different :

"You are offered a different job in Canada

If you are offered a different job in Canada, you must apply for a new work permit.

Do not start your new job without a new work permit."

Expiry date of your status, is the date your work permit expired.

Reasons for request: you have obtained an offer of full-time/part time employment, received a LMO and applying for a new work permit.

Make sure in your application for restoration of status, you explain how you came to be out of status and corrective measures you took to get back in status(which will be things like the new job offer, LMO obtained, etc). Best of luck!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
@ Senoritabelle.

I am in a panic now as on the refusal letter it says " we also wish to advise you that your temporary resdient status expires on May 7 2012, you may apply for restoration if. within 90 days from the expiry of you temporary resident status you submit...."

So do I take this date, because my visa actually expired on the 4 April 2012 and 90 days is tomorrow!!!

This is a real nightmare and is all down to my previous employer pretending that they had the LMO application in hand when in fact they had done nothing that we only discovered once we had applied for our extension.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Don't panic dear. Sorry, did not realise there was an expiry date in the refusal letter, so use May 7, 2012.

scaryclare said:
@ Senoritabelle.

I am in a panic now as on the refusal letter it says " we also wish to advise you that your temporary resdient status expires on May 7 2012, you may apply for restoration if. within 90 days from the expiry of you temporary resident status you submit...."

So do I take this date, because my visa actually expired on the 4 April 2012 and 90 days is tomorrow!!!

This is a real nightmare and is all down to my previous employer pretending that they had the LMO application in hand when in fact they had done nothing that we only discovered once we had applied for our extension.