+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed regarding PGWP (part time in last 3 semesters)

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I was on a co-op in my last semester. Worked full-time for 3 months and was approved. I wasn't part-time in any semesters mind you. You will be fine.

S.A.7

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Yes - your PGWP is going to be refused. Even two part time semesters would result in refusal. Only one part time semester is allowed.

Flagpoling works well for straight-forward cases where a student has been full time throughout their studies. I would certainly not recommend flagpoling in your case.

I would honestly focus on trying to find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and obtain an approved LMIA. You'll need to secure a closed work permit if you want to remain in Canada and work after you complete your studies.
My application for pgwp was approved the first time with a 3 yr permit. I submitted a detailed explanation letter explaining my situation with my application and it took 3 months. That said, the last three months were the most stressful months in my life. Not knowing about your future really sucks. i know that a lot of people here might be in a similar situation so my advice to them would be to write explanation letters with evidence and going into as much detail as possible to clarify your situation to the immigration officer. Good luck everyone.

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
My application for pgwp was approved the first time with a 3 yr permit. I submitted a detailed explanation letter explaining my situation with my application and it took 3 months. That said, the last three months were the most stressful months in my life. Not knowing about your future really sucks. i know that a lot of people here might be in a similar situation so my advice to them would be to write explanation letters with evidence and going into as much detail as possible to clarify your situation to the immigration officer. Good luck everyone.
Hello,
I graduated in this April from my 2 year post graduate program and I was throughout till now without any break and completed the program in time, just only official summer break I'd. I got an overall of 74%. I was full-time student in each of the semester. However, I withdrew 2 courses out of 5 in my last week of first semester so I had 3 courses in first semester. Thus, I retook them in my second semester and completed successfully. Will it create any issue in my PGWP application?

sv7095

Jan 21, 2021
Hello,
My situation is also similar like you.
Did you write explanation letter by your self or did you consult any lawyer?

Imjagdeeps

Sep 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
STUDY
I have 2 years course and spring summer break after semester 2 and i want to take 2 courses in that break which make my status part time at that time .my semester 3 starts from September. Did this taking these 2 courses in semester break affects my pgwp eligibility??