+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed Regarding eCOPR Expiry!!!

PraveshGG

Jan 3, 2019
We applied for Family class sponsorship for Permanent Residency Outside Canada on April 26, 2022, through the Online Permanent Residency Portal. We are now in the final process of the application and waiting for the PPR(Passport Request). Today(Feb 14) we saw that eCOPR document has been generated in the PR tracker portal ( https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/overview). However, the expiry date of eCOPR document( T6XXXXXXX ) is in 9 days (February 23, 2023) which is shorter compared to the medical exam ( IME: 18XXXXX ) expiry date of August , 2023. I suspect they used our upfront medical exam info which expires in the same date rather than using our new medical expiry date of August, 2023.
My VO is New Delhi. I have already submitted a webform and emailed them at delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca . I am also planning to call IRCC first thing tomorrow morning.

What should I do apart from this? What happens if my eCOPR expires before we get the chance to enter Canada. Do we need to reapply for eCOPR or for PR application again?

Please advise me on this. :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I would like to ask what do you mean when you say just assigned a number? In the tracker, it shows the expiry date of the COPR document. I have attached the image for the reference. Are you saying, the expiry date will change after I get PPR?
The COPR number in the tracker is just the number of the COPR. It is not the COPR, just a number for future use - like a file number. An eCOPR is an actual COPR that is issued to applicants who are in Canada and 'land' virtually.

I do not know what the expiry date means exactly. In other cases it has meant just the expiry date of passport of the holder.

Short form: it is NOT the expiry of the COPR that will be issued, because it is not a COPR. What that expiry date will be - I do not know.

PraveshGG

Jan 3, 2019
The COPR number in the tracker is just the number of the COPR. It is not the COPR, just a number for future use - like a file number. An eCOPR is an actual COPR that is issued to applicants who are in Canada and 'land' virtually.

I do not know what the expiry date means exactly. In other cases it has meant just the expiry date of passport of the holder.

Short form: it is NOT the expiry of the COPR that will be issued, because it is not a COPR. What that expiry date will be - I do not know.
Thanks for the reply. The application is Outland Family Class Sponsorship Outside Canada. The COPR expiry usually is the same as medical exam expiry date. So, in our case, they are using old upfront medical exam info (Expires in Feb 23, 2023) that we uploaded when submitting the PR application rather than the new medical exam info they requested in Aug, 2023. And that is what is getting me worried, we have 8 days remaining before that COPR expires but we have not gotten passport request.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply. The application is Outland Family Class Sponsorship Outside Canada. The COPR expiry usually is the same as medical exam expiry date. So, in our case, they are using old upfront medical exam info (Expires in Feb 23, 2023) that we uploaded when submitting the PR application rather than the new medical exam info they requested in Aug, 2023. And that is what is getting me worried, we have 8 days remaining before that COPR expires but we have not gotten passport request.
I would expect that the officer reviewing before you get the passport request will check this.

You can try to contact them - but the chance of them reviewing your webform request before february 23 is close to nil.

So I'd suggest: just wait.

Reactions: PraveshGG

PraveshGG

Jan 3, 2019
I would expect that the officer reviewing before you get the passport request will check this.

You can try to contact them - but the chance of them reviewing your webform request before february 23 is close to nil.

So I'd suggest: just wait.
Thank you. I have gotten in touch with my local MP and they said they will try to contact IRCC New Delhi. All I can do is wait and hope that the worst scenario wont occur that I would need to reapply again.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you. I have gotten in touch with my local MP and they said they will try to contact IRCC New Delhi. All I can do is wait and hope that the worst scenario wont occur that I would need to reapply again.

You will not need to reapply again. You are needlessly worrying. They do not issue COPRs with very short validity.

• Love
Reactions: PraveshGG

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The lesson, by the way, si that the upfront medical has added nothing to your app and has created unnecessary confusion and anxiety.

PraveshGG

Jan 3, 2019
The lesson, by the way, si that the upfront medical has added nothing to your app and has created unnecessary confusion and anxiety.
I whole heartedly agree. Actually, we wanted to apply for Visitor Visa first and did the upfront medical. Later we went forward with PR application and this has created unnecessary headaches and stress. Sometimes, less is more :)

We got in touch with my local MP and they have asked them to re-issue a new COPR. **Fingers Crossed**

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We got in touch with my local MP and they have asked them to re-issue a new COPR. **Fingers Crossed**
I think that's just going to create additional confusion at the visa office, but only a guess. Good luck.

And I didn't mean the comment about up-front as an attack, just warning to others - it seems there are consultants out there who push the up-front medical and it really does not seem to ever help for spousal apps. For TRV, understood.