+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed!! Purpose of travel

c450

Mar 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

These days my husband and I are applying for student permit.

We want to fill my part (I'm the spouse and he is the student), they ask me to show:

"Document: Purpose of Travel - Other.
You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit
Opens a new window

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:
•Your flight ticket departing Canada,
•Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
•Proof of a medical appointment".

What I need to add to prove purpose of travel? I coming for my husband studies and will apply for work permit

Will be happy to hear your thoughts..

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
Re: Help needed!!

c450 said:
Hi Guys,

We want to fill my part (I'm the spouse and he is the student), they ask me to show:

Opens a new window

A scanned copy of:
•Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),

What is that mean?? I'm coming for my husband studies...maybe I mark something wrong??

Hi,
If you are coming as a spouse of the student, you need to provide "Purpose of travel". It is standard procedure, and I don't think you pressed anything wrong. Basically, what they are asking is that even though your husband is going for studies, what is the purpose of your travel?
Depending on your situation, you could just write that you wish to accompany him and you will only stay there as long as he is studying. There is an open work permit system for spouse of student studying in Canada. You may apply for an open work permit based on that. In that case, you will mention in the purpose of travel that you would find work based on your qualifications and such and accompany your husband in Canada for the duration of his studies. Remember that if you do apply for open work permit, your processing may take longer because then they will process both your applications.
General advice: Try to write a more specific subject line. It might help you get more people to answer to the questions you have.
Best of luck!

c450

Mar 8, 2015
Re: Help needed!!

Thank you for your answer.
you right, i should write something more specific...
So all i need to do is just write latter that I will accompanying my husband, and will sty there until he finish his studies?
Also I will apply for work permit, so I need to add to the latter that i will find job based on my qualifications?

Thank's!!

tomers

Apr 5, 2016
c450 said:
Hi Guys,

Opens a new window

A scanned copy of:

What I need to add to prove purpose of travel? I coming for my husband studies and will apply for work permit

I am in the same situation. Please help :)

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
I am not sure whether as a spouse (OWP), we should mention that I am going to work.

sanagigi

Mar 13, 2017
c450 said:
Hi Guys,

Opens a new window

A scanned copy of:

Hai , I am in a same situation. My husband is applying for study permit and I will be accompanying him and applied for open work permit. However still they have asked for Purpose of travel and have mentioned that I should submit my Return ticket from canada, Medical appointment. Could you please tell me what have you provided and anybody in this forum could advice me.

nishitb91

Mar 22, 2018
Hello All,

I am about to apply in a similar way. Can anyone who has applied and got the visa share the experience and sample document for 'Purpose of Visit - other' that was written for/by spouse for open work permit?

Ruwan@123

Mar 7, 2019
Hi

i am also having same issue while filling the TRV since i am moving with my wife and son.

i hope to fill "other" for purpose of visit and reason "Accompanying spouse of prospective student" and college address for "Name, address and relation..."

can anybody comment on this....?