+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed (proof of citizenship)

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
I am a Canadian citizen married back home my wife's sponsorship is in process however we are expecting a baby soon so my questions are
1. Can I submit a certified copy of my Canadian certificate of neutralization NOT the original???
2. Can i apply directly to the relevant embassy???
3. After getting the proof of my child citizenship can i apply for the passport in the relevant embassy???

Your replies/help is highly appreciated :)

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
OKK said:
I am a Canadian citizen married back home my wife's sponsorship is in process however we are expecting a baby soon so my questions are
1. Can I submit a certified copy of my Canadian certificate of neutralization NOT the original???
2. Can i apply directly to the relevant embassy???
3. After getting the proof of my child citizenship can i apply for the passport in the relevant embassy???

Your replies/help is highly appreciated :)
Response:

1. You have to submit the original proof of your Canadian Citizenship and dont worry they will return you all the originals.I applied for my son's at New Delhi in Feb 14 and they return my originals after 2 months....
2.You can apply for the babys proof of certificate with the birth certificate to the relevant embassy...
3.Yes you can apply for the passport after you receive your babys certificate ....If the baby needed to travel after your receive ur spouse Visa and COPR then you can apply for babys limited validity passport which is valid for 2 years as the processing time to issue proof of citizenship right now is around 10-12 months as per the email i received from New Delhi Embassy...

The total processing time for the issuance of a citizenship certificate from Canada, is currently 10-12 months and the certificate can either be mailed via our office in India, or sent directly to a Canadian/foreign mailing address.

If there is need to travel in the interim, you may simultaneously apply for a Canadian passport for the child (see www.india.gc.ca), provided that the child is less than 2 years of age. Passport services cannot be given without a citizenship application having been filed at our office; children's names are not endorsed on a parent's passport. Besides the required passport application form (PPTC042), a supplementary PPTC116 form must be completed by the applying parent; a copy is attached to this message. Part A of the attached PPTC445 form is to be completed by parent(s) holding Canadian citizenship. Documented reason for requesting passport issuance in the absence of the citizenship certificate (paid proof of travel that shows child's full name, visa requirement such as copy of non-Canadian parent's Canadian visa, etc.) must also be provided. The child's passport will be issued in 20 working days of receipt of the completed passport application. In the absence of the proof of citizenship, a limited validity passport will be issued. You will need to apply for an Indian visa for the child, after receipt of his/ her Canadian passport.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
thankyou so very much for your reply.

but did you given your local address in India or was it a canadian address?? I mean where will they return the original certificates (mine and my kids)

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
OKK said:
thankyou so very much for your reply.

but did you given your local address in India or was it a canadian address?? I mean where will they return the original certificates (mine and my kids)
At the moment I gave my Indian address as my wifes PR processing is going at New Delhi Embasssy and once when I get back to Canada then I will forward them the local Canadian Address...

All the originals you submit with the application will be returned to the address you gave on the application form ..Dont worry about the originals and to be on safe side keep a photo copy of all the originals you submit to the Embassy..