+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed People...In deep trouble...

yyz21

Apr 24, 2014
i am in canada right now and i have withdrawn my admission from the college and heading home india in a couple of days due to personal reasons.i have made the application to the college to refund my fees but how can i refund my gic.i have also withdrawn first installment of 2000$ from the gic account but how can i get my remaining money.what process should i follow as i have talked to the bank but they are not helping as if even they dont know what is the right procedure..so if anybody knows anything regarding this please help......

Revolute

Apr 1, 2014
You can only redeem your Investment/GIC prior to the Maturity Date if you provide Scotiabank with proof that:
your Visa/Study Permit has been declined or cancelled; or
your application for admission to a Canadian Educational Institution has been declined; or
you have withdrawn enrolment from the Canadian Educational Institution.

If you withdraw from your studies in Canada, advise your Scotiabank branch that you are returning to India. Your branch will cancel the monthly GIC disbursements to your personal deposit account.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,5698,00.html

RSUST

May 4, 2014
Hellow,
Members,
I completed my 04 year BSS (honours in Social Work) in 2012 & interested to study in Winnipeg Canada as one of my cousin live there as a permanent residence.
Actually i got poor GPA in my Bachelor degree & won't eligible to do a Master's program in Manitoba as i contacted many of the Universities.

that's why I've only option to apply for a post graduate Certificate or Diploma or Second bachelor degree in colleges of Manitoba.
As i know it is hard to get a study permit for studying in a Diploma program or post graduate program, can i get admitted to a second Bachelor program?

or which study program would be suitable for me?

Please assist me in this regard & i'll be very grateful if do so.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As i know it is hard to get a study permit for studying in a Diploma program or post graduate program, can i get admitted to a second Bachelor program?
You should try Post-Bac. Terms to be accepted to Post-Bacc are not so strict as for Masters.

The second Bachelor is not a good idea because you got low marks AT HOME for some reasons , so VO would think you are not going to do better in the second bachelor program in the foreign country.

RSUST

May 4, 2014
Regina said:
You should try Post-Bac. Terms to be accepted to Post-Bacc are not so strict as for Masters.

Hello,
Regina,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
So, you're suggesting to try a post graduate course.
For instance i'm thinking doing a post graduate Certificate in international business course which is a one year program. please suggest what would happen if i
apply for PGC in international business as i was a student of totally different background of Social science.
More precisely what will be the percentage of getting a student visa?

RSUST

May 4, 2014
Regina said:
Try to find a PG in sort of Social work .
Dear,
Sir,
Actually that's what i'm suffering about!
I'm trying to go to Winnipeg as i've a cousin staying there with permanent residentship, so i can apply to PR later.
Moreover i searched almost every colleges & universities in Winnipeg website which say their requirement for the Masters program is cgpa 3.00 or higher but i've only 2.47 .
that's why i found either i've to go into Diploma course which you discouraging or to PG which is not available in Social work in Winnipeg.
Hence, please advise me a way out.

RSUST

May 4, 2014
Regina said:
Do you have any job experience?In what field?
I worked as a Front office executive in an Hotel/Resort for about 1 year.
Afterward i joined an NGO as a supervisor in 'Anti Tobacco Campaign program where i've been for more than 1 year.

And another issue, What would happen if i complete a Post Graduation Diploma in Human resource management in my country & then apply for Post Graduation Diploma in International Business in Canada?

Please ,sir, assist me in this regard. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

RSUST

May 4, 2014
Regina said:
Do you have any job experience?In what field?
Dear,
Sir,
with reference to the previous conversation, would it be rationale to apply to One year post degree Management Certificate program?

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
If you are already inland then take admission to any course you like. It does not matter. However, it is better to take 1 year diploma program rather than a certificate program. You don't have to be worried about all other terms like post-degree, post-baac, post-grad, etc.