+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed Pcc!!!

The_baradia

May 30, 2018
Hello , i received my ITA last month and i am confused when it comes to PCC. I have the PCC from India . My question is do i need to get a PCC from RCMP too ? I have not traveled any where except for these 2 countries. Kindly help :)

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
Hello , i received my ITA last month and i am confused when it comes to PCC. I have the PCC from India . My question is do i need to get a PCC from RCMP too ? I have not traveled any where except for these 2 countries. Kindly help :)
Yes my friend, you need to apply for RCMP PCC as well. If you read instructions carefully, it clearly states that you need to have POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE from the places where you have stayed for 6 months or more.

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
Please refer to the following links for clarifiaction

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If you are an express entry candidate and do not submit RCMP PCC and INDIAN PCC with your application, they will ask you to submit it for sure. The only thing you are getting from not submitting both of these documents in advance is "DELAY" in your permanent residence process.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, READ the information at the link and UNDERSTAND it before giving advice. It says:

"You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada."

NO PCC IS REQUIRED FOR CANADA upfront with the express entry application (eAPR).

That is because IRCC automatically conducts name-based checks for all applicants. If the name based check returns a criminal record, then a finger print based check is needed (to distinguish between you and the person with the criminal history, who happens to have the same name).

So, yes, it is possible that IRCC asks for a finger-print based RCMP clearance later, but they will ask for that if it is required. But no one has to submit it with the eAPR.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Please refer to the following links for clarifiaction

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If you are an express entry candidate and do not submit RCMP PCC and INDIAN PCC with your application, they will ask you to submit it for sure. The only thing you are getting from not submitting both of these documents in advance is "DELAY" in your permanent residence process.
It's right there, my friend. On the second link you submitted, :

"You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada."

That's why the background check part of your PR process is for.

If they need a Canadian PCC, they're gonna ask you through your account later in the process. That has happened before, but it's not so common.

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
Yes, READ the information at the link and UNDERSTAND it before giving advice. It says:

NO PCC IS REQUIRED FOR CANADA upfront with the express entry application (eAPR).

That is because IRCC automatically conducts name-based checks for all applicants. If the name based check returns a criminal record, then a finger print based check is needed (to distinguish between you and the person with the criminal history, who happens to have the same name).

So, yes, it is possible that IRCC asks for a finger-print based RCMP clearance later, but they will ask for that if it is required. But no one has to submit it with the eAPR.
There is no point of arguing at all brother, the line explains itself "BEFORE YOU WERE 18 YEARS OLD"
I wouldn't say submit it or not, its totally on the opinion and understanding of candidate himself. I am myself a candidate and have submitted RCMP PCC as it was required.

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
It's right there, my friend. On the second link you submitted, :

That's why the background check part of your PR process is for.

If they need a Canadian PCC, they're gonna ask you through your account later in the process. That has happened before, but it's not so common.
There is no point of arguing at all brother, the line explains itself "BEFORE YOU WERE 18 YEARS OLD"
I wouldn't say submit it or not, its totally on the opinion and understanding of candidate himself. I am myself a candidate and have submitted RCMP PCC as it was required.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Dude, it says:

..."before you were 18 years old OR for time spent in Canada."

Unless you're questioning the very meaning of the logical disjunction "OR", there are no questions here. It's cristal clear.

The page also states: "After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old."

So yes, they may require a Canadian PCC later in the process (that's not very common"), however, you're not required to submit one with your application.

Also, even the upload field (at least for me) was labeled "Police Certificate - <My Country>".

Reactions: jes_ON

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Basic English my friend. "before you were 18 years old" OR "for time spent in Canada"

It's NOT a required document when you submit your appplication. And if you are still not convinced.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html
Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No
We will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

Reactions: jes_ON

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Yes my friend, you need to apply for RCMP PCC as well. If you read instructions carefully, it clearly states that you need to have POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE from the places where you have stayed for 6 months or more.
It says 6 months in a row though