+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed, Misrepresentation

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021
I am applying for PR through express entry. In my previous trv application, I had missed to mention my siblings and later submitted it through webform before visa approval but the document wasn't attached to the application. What are the chances that I get a ban for misrepresentation in PR? I have seen similar threads about not mentioned siblings in trv but nobody has posted the result what happened at the PR application. I am guessing that everyone got a ban.

Last edited:

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021
I am applying for PR through express entry. In my previous trv application, I had missed to mention my siblings and later submitted it through webform but the document wasn't attached to the application. What are the chances that I get a ban for misrepresentation if I mention them this time? Anybody knows someone who has mentioned siblings not mentioned in trv? What was the result? I am really worried, please help
@legalfalcon @scylla or any members?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am applying for PR through express entry. In my previous trv application, I had missed to mention my siblings and later submitted it through webform before visa approval but the document wasn't attached to the application. What are the chances that I get a ban for misrepresentation in PR? I have seen similar threads about not mentioned siblings in trv but nobody has posted the result what happened at the PR application. I am guessing that everyone got a ban.
As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

When you submit your PR application, you will disclose that you did not enter your siblings in your TRV and later submitted their details. As long as you explain, it should not be an issue.

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021
As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

When you submit your PR application, you will disclose that you did not enter your siblings in your TRV and later submitted their details. As long as you explain, it should not be an issue.
Thanks a lot, I am sweating over this

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021

@legalfalcon one more query, should I also explain why I didn't mention them at first place? Or should I just focus on I updated through webform but it wasn't attached. I have the reply that I received after submitting webform. I am attaching that mail as well.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon one more query, should I also explain why I didn't mention them at first place? Or should I just focus on I updated through webform but it wasn't attached. I have the reply that I received after submitting webform. I am attaching that mail as well.
do both.

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021
@DelPiero07 what's your thought on this?

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021
@scylla what's your thought on this? I got legalfalcon's suggestion but still sweating

Negyiri

Mar 10, 2018
Sudan
@legalfalcon
I did it innocently..They are my own siblings(not step or half).. I can't find a way to make it inadvertent... Which way should I go? Innocent or Inadvertent? I think innocent mistakes are treated harshly than inadvertent ones

how did you resolve this issue because I have 17 half-siblings who I did not grow up with and I am wondering on how to explain or add them

chantidope

Apr 22, 2023

I have the same problem now and I am so stressed out.
will it affect my Study Permit or my stepsister's PR status if we did not disclose each other's relationship as stepsisters? If I request a record update using the web form, will the IRCC retract my permit and her PR status? I am now in the process of submitting EE profile :(

chantidope

Apr 22, 2023
@legalfalcon
I did it innocently..They are my own siblings(not step or half).. I can't find a way to make it inadvertent... Which way should I go? Innocent or Inadvertent? I think innocent mistakes are treated harshly than inadvertent ones
Hello, may I know what happened to your PR application? I have the same problem now and I am so stressed out.
will it affect my Study Permit or my stepsister's PR status if we did not disclose each other's relationship as stepsisters? If I request a record update using the web form, will the IRCC retract my permit and her PR status? I am now in the process of submitting EE profile :(

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello, may I know what happened to your PR application? I have the same problem now and I am so stressed out.
IRCC only verifies the information that we provide and does not verify that we dont provide.

According to your sister's profile, you dont not belong to her. Therefore, you should continue the same. There is no way that IRCC can check if someone who applies for study permit has already a relative in Canada.