+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed in filling the Netherlands VOG form

Rajan’s

Nov 27, 2017
Hi Experts,

I am applying to get the VOG from Netherlands. However I am stuck because of some confusions. Please help me sort this out.

In section 1.1, it has mentioned 'Prefix to Surname and Given name', 'Day-Month-Year', 'Place of Birth', 'Country of Birth', 'Street and Number', 'Postal code', 'Country' and 'Town/City'. My doubts are:
1. I don't have any prefix mentioned in any of the document, do I need to provide one here?
2. What is the date I need to fill? It hasn't mentioned if I need to put my Birth date, Current Date or any other one. This is confusing.
3. What needs to be put in Address input, will it be my current address, my NL address (where I lived), my birthplace address?

Also, please let me know if these are correct:
1. In section 2.2, I have selected Other Purpose -> Permanent Residence Application
2. In section 2.3, I have selected 06 Visa and Immigration
3. In section 2.5, I have selected No
4. In section 2.6, I have left it blank and attaching the IRCC invitation letter.

Please help me here guys. Thank you.

regards,
Rajan

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Are you a Dutch citizen? Are you currently living in the Netherlands?

I assume it's no for both. You'll need to mail the application to vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl, along with proof of payment (e.g. screenshot of bank transaction).

Section 1.1 needs to contain your current information. They will send the VOG directly to you.

"Prefix to surname" - a lot of Dutch people have last names like "van Gogh", "de Groot", "van der Voort", etc. The "van", "de", etc. part is commonly referred to as a "tussenvoegsel", or prefix to surname. If your name is something like John Smith, you have no prefix and should leave it blank. To be fair, I doubt they will even care if you leave it blank regardless as long your full name is on the application form. Do make absolutely 100% sure that the name you provide to them is identical to the name you use for your PR application (if your name is John Adams Smith, don't submit a VOG-application simply as John Smith as CIC will throw a fuss).

Date - Date of Birth.

Address - your current mailing address. They will send the VOG here.

Section 2.1 - This is a tricky one. They normally only issue the VOG when an organization/company explicitly requests it - in the case of immigration however a lot of this information is unknown. It should be ok to leave this section blank, but I've seen cases of people actually getting their application rejected over this (not necessarily for Canadian immigration purposes). You can fill in the following information to avoid any possible issues:

Name of organization: Embassy of Canada in Vienna
Name of representative: Heidi Alberta Hulan
Street and number: Laurenzerberg 2
Postal code/city: 1010 Vienna
Telephone no: +43 1 531383000

This is the Canadian embassy in Vienna - their visa department processes PR applications for Dutch citizens.

Section 2.2 - Other purpose: Immigration to Canada

Section 2.3 - select 06 Visa and emigration

Section 2.4 - leave blank

Section 2.5 - tick "No"

Section 2.6 - leave blank. There is a letter circulating on the internet that you can attach to it instead of the organization signature (and allows you to input your address(es)). Gimme a few minutes and I'll try to find it for you.

EDIT: Shoot, I can't find that letter right now, but should have it stored on my other PC still, so I can upload it tomorrow morning. In either case, it should not be necessary, and the Justis officer processing your request should be aware that no request letter can be presented for immigration purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajan’s

Rajan’s

Nov 27, 2017
Are you a Dutch citizen? Are you currently living in the Netherlands?

I assume it's no for both. You'll need to mail the application to vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl, along with proof of payment (e.g. screenshot of bank transaction).

Section 1.1 needs to contain your current information. They will send the VOG directly to you.

"Prefix to surname" - a lot of Dutch people have last names like "van Gogh", "de Groot", "van der Voort", etc. The "van", "de", etc. part is commonly referred to as a "tussenvoegsel", or prefix to surname. If your name is something like John Smith, you have no prefix and should leave it blank. To be fair, I doubt they will even care if you leave it blank regardless as long your full name is on the application form. Do make absolutely 100% sure that the name you provide to them is identical to the name you use for your PR application (if your name is John Adams Smith, don't submit a VOG-application simply as John Smith as CIC will throw a fuss).

Date - Date of Birth.

Address - your current mailing address. They will send the VOG here.

Section 2.2 - This is a tricky one. They normally only issue the VOG when an organization/company explicitly requests it - in the case of immigration however a lot of this information is unknown. It should be ok to leave this section blank, but I've seen cases of people actually getting their application rejected over this (not necessarily for Canadian immigration purposes). You can fill in the following information to avoid any possible issues:

Name of organization: Embassy of Canada in Vienna
Name of representative: Heidi Alberta Hulan
Street and number: Laurenzerberg 2
Postal code/city: 1010 Vienna
Telephone no: +43 1 531383000

This is the Canadian embassy in Vienna - their visa department processes PR applications for Dutch citizens.

Other purpose: Immigration to Canada

Section 2.3 - select 06 Visa and emigration

Section 2.4 - leave blank

Section 2.5 - tick "No"

Section 2.6 - leave blank. There is a letter circulating on the internet that you can attach to it instead of the organization signature (and allows you to input your address(es)). Gimme a few minutes and I'll try to find it for you.
Hi Vitesze,

Thank you so much for your perfect reply!! This is what I was exactly looking for. Really helped me a lot.

Many thanks,
Rajan

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi Vitesze,

Thank you so much for your perfect reply!! This is what I was exactly looking for. Really helped me a lot.

Many thanks,
Rajan

No worries.

For the record, this is the path I took and I successfully got my VOG delivered to my Canadian address on July 29 - took about 5 weeks in total.

Rajan’s

Nov 27, 2017
No worries.

For the record, this is the path I took and I successfully got my VOG delivered to my Canadian address on July 29 - took about 5 weeks in total.
Hi Vitesze,

Great Info! one question though.
Does it mean that they won't be sending it (VOG) via email to me. I need to upload it to IRCC website. If I am getting it directly in email, the physical copy wouldn't me that much required.

regards,
Rajan

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi Vitesze,

Great Info! one question though.
Does it mean that they won't be sending it (VOG) via email to me. I need to upload it to IRCC website. If I am getting it directly in email, the physical copy wouldn't me that much required.

regards,
Rajan
They don't email it - they will only send a physical copy to your mailing address.

Rajan’s

Nov 27, 2017
They don't email it - they will only send a physical copy to your mailing address.
Okay. That explains why it takes much time.
One last question, i live in India and addresses here can be pretty long sometimes. In my case, I am not able to write my postal address in the little space provided in the form. What should I do?
It is taking me entire row to put my address.

Regards,
Rajan

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Okay. That explains why it takes much time.
One last question, i live in India and addresses here can be pretty long sometimes. In my case, I am not able to write my postal address in the little space provided in the form. What should I do?
It is taking me entire row to put my address.

Regards,
Rajan
I'd type out the full address in the email that you will send them. And either write out the full address wherever there's space on the paper, or just fill in whatever you can and write "refer to email for full address" or something like that.

No real good solutions here, other than just making it as convenient as possible for the person reviewing the application. You can try calling Justis as well at +31 (0) 889982200 (no. for VOG inquiries) although I'm not sure if they even have service in English.

itsvijay

Sep 17, 2018
Hello Members,

I have a query regarding obtaining NL VOG. What is the best possible way to make payment to the NL bank account from India ?
Also in the Justis website the bank details are mentioned as below,

Our bank details are:
IBAN-code: NL31 INGB 0705 0054 53
BIC-code: INGBNL2A, ING Bank in Amsterdam.
Stating the name of the applicant.

Made payable to Justis/COVOG in The Hague.

So what is the first and last name of the account to which payment will be made?

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hello Members,

I have a query regarding obtaining NL VOG. What is the best possible way to make payment to the NL bank account from India ?
Also in the Justis website the bank details are mentioned as below,

Our bank details are:
IBAN-code: NL31 INGB 0705 0054 53
BIC-code: INGBNL2A, ING Bank in Amsterdam.
Stating the name of the applicant.

Made payable to Justis/COVOG in The Hague.

So what is the first and last name of the account to which payment will be made?

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay

There's no first/last name, you make it payable to Justis/COVOG. You may want to inquire with your bank how you should make a payment to a business/organization.

sadareen

Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-06-2019
Thank you for the information provided on this webpage.

I'm from India and I am also planning to apply for VOG. IRCC website says I need to apply for VOG after I submit my PR application. Am I reading this information correctly? I have a Dutch friend in Netherlands whom I want to Authorize in order to submit the application on behalf of me in the Municipality (BRP) where I was registered when I was studying in Netherlands in 2014-2016. This is the same Municipality where I received my Dutch Residence Permit Card when I was there. I understood that the BRP keeps the record of foreigners for 20 years who lived and left the country. I want to apply for the VOG at the Municipality because I think this process might be quicker? Correct me if I'm wrong. If the BRP does not have my records, I can then apply to Justis in Den Haag. Does anybody have any experience with applying for VOG directly at the Municipality?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thank you for the information provided on this webpage.

I'm from India and I am also planning to apply for VOG. IRCC website says I need to apply for VOG after I submit my PR application. Am I reading this information correctly? I have a Dutch friend in Netherlands whom I want to Authorize in order to submit the application on behalf of me in the Municipality (BRP) where I was registered when I was studying in Netherlands in 2014-2016. This is the same Municipality where I received my Dutch Residence Permit Card when I was there. I understood that the BRP keeps the record of foreigners for 20 years who lived and left the country. I want to apply for the VOG at the Municipality because I think this process might be quicker? Correct me if I'm wrong. If the BRP does not have my records, I can then apply to Justis in Den Haag. Does anybody have any experience with applying for VOG directly at the Municipality?
It doesn't matter when you apply for your VOG - this can be done either before or after you receive an ITA. If you are no longer a resident of the Netherlands, the only requirement for the VOG is that it was issued after you left the country.

To clarify the BRP - it essentially is a register of all people currently residing in the Netherlands. When you first arrive in the Netherlands, your municipality will enroll you in the BRP. When you leave the Netherlands (iirc for more than 6 months) you will be required to notify your municipality and they will remove you from the BRP. This affects several things, including taxes, insurance etc.

Anyway, assuming you took the appropriate steps when you entered and left the Netherlands, you should not show up on the BRP anymore. Therefore, the only way to obtain your VOG is directly through Justis. You can find this information here. Under no circumstances can your Dutch friend apply for a VOG on your behalf - they would simply tell him you're no longer in the BRP and aren't authorized to do the appropriate steps.

Here are the steps you should do:

1. Fill in this application form. Consult my other post in this topic for explanations of the sections.
2. Get a .pdf of your Passport (or valid Dutch ID card)
3. Make a payment of €41,35 payable to Justis/COVOG at NL31 INGB 0705 0054 53 (if you still have a Dutch bank account) or BIC-code INGBNL2A, ING Bank. Adres: ING Bank N.V., Foreign Operations, postbus 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam (if you have a non-Dutch bank account). If your bank allows it, add your name as a comment/remark. Save proof of this payment (.pdf).
4. Email your application form + Passport .pdf + Payment .pdf to vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl

You can call their VOG-department at +31 (0) 889982200 after a few days to verify whether they have received the information and started processing it. Typically, the processing time is around 4-8 weeks and you will receive your VOG by mail to your home address.

Last edited:

sadareen

Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-06-2019
It doesn't matter when you apply for your VOG - this can be done either before or after you receive an ITA. If you are no longer a resident of the Netherlands, the only requirement for the VOG is that it was issued after you left the country.

To clarify the BRP - it essentially is a register of all people currently residing in the Netherlands. When you first arrive in the Netherlands, your municipality will enroll you in the BRP. When you leave the Netherlands (iirc for more than 6 months) you will be required to notify your municipality and they will remove you from the BRP. This affects several things, including taxes, insurance etc.

Anyway, assuming you took the appropriate steps when you entered and left the Netherlands, you should not show up on the BRP anymore. Therefore, the only way to obtain your VOG is directly through Justis. You can find this information here. Under no circumstances can your Dutch friend apply for a VOG on your behalf - they would simply tell him you're no longer in the BRP and aren't authorized to do the appropriate steps.

Here are the steps you should do:

1. Fill in this application form. Consult my other post in this topic for explanations of the sections.
2. Get a .pdf of your Passport (or valid Dutch ID card)
3. Make a payment of €41,35 payable to Justis/COVOG at NL31 INGB 0705 0054 53 (if you still have a Dutch bank account) or BIC-code INGBNL2A, ING Bank. Adres: ING Bank N.V., Foreign Operations, postbus 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam (if you have a non-Dutch bank account). If your bank allows it, add your name as a comment/remark. Save proof of this payment (.pdf).
4. Email your application form + Passport .pdf + Payment .pdf to vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl

You can call their VOG-department at +31 (0) 889982200 after a few days to verify whether they have received the information and started processing it. Typically, the processing time is around 4-8 weeks and you will receive your VOG by mail to your home address.

Vitesze, thanks for you detailed and prompt response.

Now, I am really confused. Allow me to explain the reason for my confusion.
This is what I am reading right now for Netherlands PCC, "Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must provide that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/netherlands.html

Can you clarify, how am I supposed to get this 'letter' before getting an ITA?

And regarding BRP, there is a section that says, 'When someone moves abroad, their personal data is transferred to the non-residents section of the Personal Records Database'. https://www.government.nl/topics/personal-data/personal-records-database-brp
I remember that I had received my Dutch Residence Permit Card in Oct. 2014. They had also given me a 'burgerservicenummer' (BSN) then. And I also remember that I had to surrender my Dutch Residence Permit Card via my university in Netherlands while leaving the country in March 2016 after completing my Master's degree. So how can I be sure that the Municipality does not have my records in their Non-Resident Section?

Are you saying that the 'Authorization' on my behalf is not possible at all for Option 1 (Municipality) or Option 2 (Justis)?
https://www.justis.nl/producten/vog/certificate-of-conduct/faq/can-someone-else-apply-for-me.aspx
I know at least one case of my classmate who chose Option 2 had to wait for long and got it finally via an Authorized person on her behalf.

Do you understand why I'm confused now?