+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed in filling the Netherlands VOG form

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Vitesze, thanks for you detailed and prompt response.

Now, I am really confused. Allow me to explain the reason for my confusion.
This is what I am reading right now for Netherlands PCC, "Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must provide that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/netherlands.html

Can you clarify, how am I supposed to get this 'letter' before getting an ITA?

And regarding BRP, there is a section that says, 'When someone moves abroad, their personal data is transferred to the non-residents section of the Personal Records Database'. https://www.government.nl/topics/personal-data/personal-records-database-brp
I remember that I had received my Dutch Residence Permit Card in Oct. 2014. They had also given me a 'burgerservicenummer' (BSN) then. And I also remember that I had to surrender my Dutch Residence Permit Card via my university in Netherlands while leaving the country in March 2016 after completing my Master's degree. So how can I be sure that the Municipality does not have my records in their Non-Resident Section?

Are you saying that the 'Authorization' on my behalf is not possible at all for Option 1 (Municipality) or Option 2 (Justis)?
https://www.justis.nl/producten/vog/certificate-of-conduct/faq/can-someone-else-apply-for-me.aspx
I know at least one case of my classmate who chose Option 2 had to wait for long and got it finally via an Authorized person on her behalf.

Do you understand why I'm confused now?
It makes sense you're confused about this, and it's an oddity of CIC.

The reasoning for this is as follow: the VOG traditionally is used by Dutch employers to have confirmation people they're hiring, giving access to classified information, money, etc. don't have a criminal record that implicates their ability to carry out said duty. Due to privacy regulations however, an employer can't just ask for a VOG - there must be a valid reason for it. As such, Justis decided a VOG-request must always be accompanied with an official letter from the employer stating this reason. This is the official procedure for VOGs, and therefore CIC will tell you that you need this letter.

However, in recent years Justis added an extra option to their application form when indicating the purpose of the VOG - called "06 visa and emigration". When this option is ticked, Justis does not need an official letter and simply issues the VOG directly to you. I have done this on two separate occasions. Nonetheless, CIC is not aware of this change, so the advice they give here can be considered outdated.

On to your next question: the "non-resident section of the Personals Record Database" is commonly referred to as RNI. The RNI can be considered a subset of the BRP. The RNI however is limited to people living abroad who still hold ties to the Netherlands (e.g. Dutch citizen, property owner, business owner, tax payer, etc.). Don't pin me on this, but if you held no ties to the NL upon leaving the country, I assume you are not currently in the RNI (or BRP).

As I already pointed out, going with Option 1 (Municipality) is not possible due to not being in the BRP.
The correct way of applying is Option 2 (Justis). Since you do this remotely (email), authorization is not required. Here is the relevant page stating this.

Last edited:

Connie828

Jan 9, 2019
Hi sadareen,
On the VOG form, the section 1, it ask to put "citizen service number"(BSN). I don't have a BSN if I leave NL. So how to fill that part? should I leave it blank? But I am afraid they will rejection my application if I leave it blank.
Also for the section 2, it asked the organization information. To clarify that part, on Justis website, it asked to fill the section 2 by yourself if you can't get organization's signature. So, do you know how to fill the organization's information? It's about the organization's name and address, telephone number and organization's representative's name. The most important part is, the section 2 can not be blank.

Connie828

Jan 9, 2019
Hello guys,

I have a question regarding to the "Citizen service number" on the VOG form. Based on CIC website information, If I haven't registered Municipal Records Database (BRP) and I am also not live in Netherlands. I can apply police certificate by email vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl, Right?

However, Can I leave the "citizen service number" blank if I don't have the number ? Do you have any ideas on this?

Thank you very much!

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Hello guys,

I have a question regarding to the "Citizen service number" on the VOG form. Based on CIC website information, If I haven't registered Municipal Records Database (BRP) and I am also not live in Netherlands. I can apply police certificate by email vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl, Right?

However, Can I leave the "citizen service number" blank if I don't have the number ? Do you have any ideas on this?

Thank you very much!
Hi, I have the same qs, I have surrendered my RP when I left the Netherlands? Do I need to add that, as I have a copy of it?

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
It makes sense you're confused about this, and it's an oddity of CIC.

The reasoning for this is as follow: the VOG traditionally is used by Dutch employers to have confirmation people they're hiring, giving access to classified information, money, etc. don't have a criminal record that implicates their ability to carry out said duty. Due to privacy regulations however, an employer can't just ask for a VOG - there must be a valid reason for it. As such, Justis decided a VOG-request must always be accompanied with an official letter from the employer stating this reason. This is the official procedure for VOGs, and therefore CIC will tell you that you need this letter.

However, in recent years Justis added an extra option to their application form when indicating the purpose of the VOG - called "06 visa and emigration". When this option is ticked, Justis does not need an official letter and simply issues the VOG directly to you. I have done this on two separate occasions. Nonetheless, CIC is not aware of this change, so the advice they give here can be considered outdated.

On to your next question: the "non-resident section of the Personals Record Database" is commonly referred to as RNI. The RNI can be considered a subset of the BRP. The RNI however is limited to people living abroad who still hold ties to the Netherlands (e.g. Dutch citizen, property owner, business owner, tax payer, etc.). Don't pin me on this, but if you held no ties to the NL upon leaving the country, I assume you are not currently in the RNI (or BRP).

As I already pointed out, going with Option 1 (Municipality) is not possible due to not being in the BRP.
The correct way of applying is Option 2 (Justis). Since you do this remotely (email), authorization is not required. Here is the relevant page stating this.
Hi @Vitesze ,

I stayed in the Netherlands from 2017-2018 and had the BSN number, In form section 1.1, we need to fill out Citizen service number. As I am not in the Netherlands, do I need to add that number in form or not? Thanks

vishalpas

May 31, 2021
Hi @Vitesze ,

I stayed in the Netherlands from 2017-2018 and had the BSN number, In form section 1.1, we need to fill out Citizen service number. As I am not in the Netherlands, do I need to add that number in form or not? Thanks
Hey,

I am applying for VOG and have the same confusion. Do we need to put in our BSN no.? I lived in amsterdam in 2015.

Did you receive your VOG?

Thanks

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Hey,

I am applying for VOG and have the same confusion. Do we need to put in our BSN no.? I lived in amsterdam in 2015.

Did you receive your VOG?

Thanks
Leave the Citizen Service Number blank as its not valid as soon you moved out from NL. A passport copy is fine as per their norms.

vishalpas

May 31, 2021
Thanks a ton for your prompt reply. I read somewhere that they send it by normal mail instead of any registered mail. Did you receive it by normal mail in India?

Sajusreepadam

Feb 6, 2019
Is that acceptable if I give friends address?

Is it possible to share what other details are mentioned on PCC? How does it look like?

Did you applied post ITA or waited for ADR?
Hi,
if you give friend's address same will be printed on the PCC.

Date
Our reference
Surname
Prefix to surname
Given names
Date of birth
Place of birth
Country of birth
Datum
Ons kenmerk
Geslachtsnaam
Tussenvoegsels
Voorna(a)m(en)
Geboortedatum
Geboorteplaats
Geboorteland

Hierbij geef ik u de VOG die u nodig heeft voor:
een immigratieverzoek bij de autoriteiten van Canada
Uit de screening van Justis blijkt dat er geen bezwaren zijn voor de functie of het doel
waarvoor u de VOG heeft aangevraagd.
Er is bij deze screening uitgegaan van het volgende profiel:
Visum en emigratie / Visa and emigration
Op de volgende pagina van deze VOG vindt u meer informatie over dit profiel.
Ik geef de VOG af op grond van artikel 28 van de Wet justitiële en strafvorderlijke
gegevens. Wilt u meer weten over de screening door Justis? Op www.iustis.nl/voqvindt u
meer informatie.
Let op: controleer altijd de echtheidskenmerken van de VOG.
De Minister voor Rechtsbescherming,
namens deze,
These are the details printed.
Applied after ITA. took 3 weeks to get the report. after one week you can call them and check the update. They may send you the scanned copy. They are very helpful.

Reactions: helpcanadapr

helpcanadapr

Jul 5, 2022
Hi,
if you give friend's address same will be printed on the PCC.

Date
Our reference
Surname
Prefix to surname
Given names
Date of birth
Place of birth
Country of birth
Datum
Ons kenmerk
Geslachtsnaam
Tussenvoegsels
Voorna(a)m(en)
Geboortedatum
Geboorteplaats
Geboorteland

Hierbij geef ik u de VOG die u nodig heeft voor:
een immigratieverzoek bij de autoriteiten van Canada
Uit de screening van Justis blijkt dat er geen bezwaren zijn voor de functie of het doel
waarvoor u de VOG heeft aangevraagd.
Er is bij deze screening uitgegaan van het volgende profiel:
Visum en emigratie / Visa and emigration
Op de volgende pagina van deze VOG vindt u meer informatie over dit profiel.
Ik geef de VOG af op grond van artikel 28 van de Wet justitiële en strafvorderlijke
gegevens. Wilt u meer weten over de screening door Justis? Op www.iustis.nl/voqvindt u
meer informatie.
Let op: controleer altijd de echtheidskenmerken van de VOG.
De Minister voor Rechtsbescherming,
namens deze,
These are the details printed.
Applied after ITA. took 3 weeks to get the report. after one week you can call them and check the update. They may send you the scanned copy. They are very helpful.
Thanks you so much for your reply. I will apply asap with my ITA.

Can you please also share Details of organization, especially the one with question mark?

2.1 Details of organization
Name : Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Name of representative - ?
Street and number (with suffix) - ?
Postal code and town/city - ?
Country - CANADA
Telephone number - ?

danthefan

Dec 20, 2023
Hello, kinda urgent
To anyone who filled the VOG form and got the police clerance,
is it necessary to mention the BSN number in the VOG form as it says "(if known)" next to it. I do not remember it and cant find it anywhere.

would sending the form without the bsn number cause any delay or anything like that?