+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed in filling EE (Intended work in canada) Section

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thank you, now I got it.

Few weeks ago I posted a question in this forum but apparently no one has an answer for it. My question is here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-points.579663/
March 21, 2019. CIC counts the weeks you have been employed - you'll need 52 weeks of work experience, each with at least 30hrs/wk of work (including paid vacation time). If you worked less than 30hrs during any of these weeks, the missing hours will have to be compensated for by working additional weeks - these cant be compensated for with any hours you worked over the 30hrs limit.

Reactions: adham88

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
March 21, 2019. CIC counts the weeks you have been employed - you'll need 52 weeks of work experience, each with at least 30hrs/wk of work (including paid vacation time). If you worked less than 30hrs during any of these weeks, the missing hours will have to be compensated for by working additional weeks - these cant be compensated for with any hours you worked over the 30hrs limit.

I see, I am working 40hrs/week. I am not sure if this will be taken into consideration when calculating the work weeks. Taking into account 30hrs/week I mean by working 40hrs/week I will exceed the equivalent of 69 weeks on March 21, 2019. In other words, by December 2018 I have already covered the total number of required work hours since I work 10 extra more hours/ week.

Another thing, when filling in my EE profile there is not fields to fill in the days, only months. So on March 1st 2019 I will most likely get the points for one year experience.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I see, I am working 40hrs/week. I am not sure if this will be taken into consideration when calculating the work weeks. Taking into account 30hrs/week I mean by working 40hrs/week I will exceed the equivalent of 69 weeks on March 21, 2019. In other words, by December 2018 I have already covered the total number of required work hours since I work 10 extra more hours/ week.

Another thing, when filling in my EE profile there is not fields to fill in the days, only months. So on March 1st 2019 I will most likely get the points for one year experience.
No, it doesn't work like that. Anything over 30hrs will still be considered regular full-time employment (i.e. you can't use the extra hrs. to compensate for shorter employment duration). The whole calculation part only kicks in if you have been working part-time, which is defined as less than 30hrs.

The month/day thing is a known error that CIC for some reason hasn't fixed yet - you will get awarded points by the system for back-to-back month employment (e.g. March 31 to February 1) but I can assure you, they will calculate your employment per week and if you fall short, they will reject your application if it makes you ineligible, or not meet the CRS cutoff.

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
No, it doesn't work like that. Anything over 30hrs will still be considered regular full-time employment (i.e. you can't use the extra hrs. to compensate for shorter employment duration). The whole calculation part only kicks in if you have been working part-time, which is defined as less than 30hrs.

The month/day thing is a known error that CIC for some reason hasn't fixed yet - you will get awarded points by the system for back-to-back month employment (e.g. March 31 to February 1) but I can assure you, they will calculate your employment per week and if you fall short, they will reject your application if it makes you ineligible, or not meet the CRS cutoff.

Oh I see. If I got invited and accept my ITA some time before 21 March 2019 and wait till 21 March 2019 and submit my eAPR. Do you think there will be an issue with that?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Oh I see. If I got invited and accept my ITA some time before 21 March 2019 and wait till 21 March 2019 and submit my eAPR. Do you think there will be an issue with that?
Yes, there's an issue with that. CRS is calculated at the time of AOR, however and this is important, they will determine whether you met MEC (Minimum Entry Criteria) at the time the ITA was issued.

You should absolutely not accept any ITA that was issued to you before March 21, 2019. While some people may say otherwise and there's certainly cases of officers not checking this properly, they have every right to deny your application, and you will lose your application fee as a result.

Rationale behind this is that while scores can logically change over time, it's people their own responsibility to ensure they meet the requirements of at least 1 program when they enroll in the EE pool (and <1yr work experience makes you ineligible for CEC)

adham88

Aug 19, 2018
Yes, there's an issue with that. CRS is calculated at the time of AOR, however and this is important, they will determine whether you met MEC (Minimum Entry Criteria) at the time the ITA was issued.

You should absolutely not accept any ITA that was issued to you before March 21, 2019. While some people may say otherwise and there's certainly cases of officers not checking this properly, they have every right to deny your application, and you will lose your application fee as a result.

Rationale behind this is that while scores can logically change over time, it's people their own responsibility to ensure they meet the requirements of at least 1 program when they enroll in the EE pool (and <1yr work experience makes you ineligible for CEC)
I understand that it is safer to respond and accept the ITA on or after March 21, 2019 but do you know after how many days the ITA will expire if I did not respond. I am not familiar with the exact steps of ITA and so on. Also, how much does it takes normally to receive AOR as I will need it to apply for BOWP (bridging open work permit).

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Please I need your advice. I got my ITA last month with a score of 491. While filling my profile pre-ITA, I added my 1 year 40 hr/wk employment, 2 years 20 hr/week teaching assistant employment (in the US), and ongoing employment of 1 yr 20/week teaching assistant employment (still in the US). I received maximum score for 3 yrs employment and an IELTS score of CLB of 9 and above in all sections. I know this should not be the case as 2 yrs part-time work is not equivalent to 2 yrs full time. If I were to remove the part time working history, I would have a score of 466. The minimum cut-off for the CRS score during my round of invitation is 440. Also, the letter I obtained for this 2 yrs teaching assistant work describes my role, employment period and nature of employment (i.e part time) but not the number of hours. I was told they don not provide number of hours. Please what should I do?

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
Hi

1. You assume wrong, the answer is NO as you don't have a LMIA supported job offer nor is your job supported by a LMO.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and either:

the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA.

Hy
I am working on a job based of lmia
And received ITA
Now they asking to upload the ‘offer of employment’ and ‘letter of employment’
What should i upload in these?

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
It's for people who either have an LMIA, or have a closed work permit and have been working for their employer for at least 1 continuous year in a NOC 0, A or B job. A valid job offer will give them an extra 50pts.

I for one have no LMIA, but had about 14 months of work experience for my employer at time of my ITA.
I m on a closed wp and chosed yes
Now they asking me to upload an ‘offer of employment’
And’letter of employment’
What i need to upload here?
The same offer letter i m working on from 1 year?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I m on a closed wp and chosed yes
Now they asking me to upload an ‘offer of employment’
And’letter of employment’
What i need to upload here?
The same offer letter i m working on from 1 year?
No. It must be a new offer that states that they will give you a job for at least a year after you've become a PR. This is relatively easy to get if your employer is happy with your work and has no intention of getting rid of you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

It also must be made :

• if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
No. It must be a new offer that states that they will give you a job for at least a year after you've become a PR. This is relatively easy to get if your employer is happy with your work and has no intention of getting rid of you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

It also must be made :

• if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
Do he needs to apply for an lmia
Or just a writing offer letter is enough?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes
Previous one on which i got work permit
But thats from 2017
No, you don't need a new LMIA. You need to be working for the same employer that got that LMIA, and that work permit needs to be valid.

Your employer can make an offer for a new job as well, it doesn't have to be the exact same job that you're doing now. The idea is that your employer is saying that you will continue to be employed in the same job or even promoted once you become a PR (and so you don't need a new LMIA/work permit - because you will take the new offer after you become a PR), and you will have that new job for at least a year after becoming a PR.

But it does have to be the same employer - if you get an offer from a new employer, you will need a new LMIA. You won't need a new work permit, but you will need to show the job offer + a new approved LMIA to get the points.