+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed - I am panicking!

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
Hi Everyone

Need some quick advice please.

My husband and I are in Canada and working under IEC visas. Mine is due to run out in November and his in January.
We just completed our 1 year work here and bought a house so I am panicking about the timeline we need to get PR.

My husband is a Tool and Die Maker (7232 NOC) and I am an Account Manager.

Through the come to Canada tool we get 488 points, is this going to be enough? I have just learned we could apply for provincial nomination because of my husbands job. Should we bother ?

What is going to be the fastest way to get all of this done?

Any advice / personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. I am also doing this myself as I haven't found a lawyer that I trust.

Thx
Abbie

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

My husband and I are in Canada and working under IEC visas. Mine is due to run out in November and his in January.
We just completed our 1 year work here and bought a house so I am panicking about the timeline we need to get PR.

Through the come to Canada tool we get 488 points, is this going to be enough? I have just learned we could apply for provincial nomination because of my husbands job. Should we bother ?

Any advice / personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. I am also doing this myself as I haven't found a lawyer that I trust.

Thx
Abbie
I'm literally *face palm*. Here is the link that you need. Just follow it and you will get the PR in six months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Reactions: scylla

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi Everyone

Thx
Abbie
488 points are more than enough to get you an ITA . As to what is processed faster - FST / CEC / PNP ... I am not sure. I would make an EE profile right away and you'll get an invite in the March 28 draw

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
I'm sorry that you had to face palm at me.. trust me I am frustrated with myself
I have read that link 30238479283 times over. Are you telling me that I needn't bother with provincial nomination?

Thanks so much. I hope one day I'm helping people and face palming also at how simple the whole thing was

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
488 points are more than enough to get you an ITA . As to what is processed faster - FST / CEC / PNP ... I am not sure. I would make an EE profile right away and you'll get an invite in the March 28 draw
I'm just finishing the EE profile up right now. Thanks for confirming on the points, really appreciate it.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry that you had to face palm at me.. trust me I am frustrated with myself
I have read that link 30238479283 times over. Are you telling me that I needn't bother with provincial nomination?

Thanks so much. I hope one day I'm helping people and face palming also at how simple the whole thing was
PNP is a go around way in case you don't have direct ITA. With your 488, you should not have any problem getting ITA in the next draw given that you open a EE profile with CIC. Once invited and submitted all the documents, generally you will get your PR within 6 months at most.

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
PNP is a go around way in case you don't have direct ITA. With your 488, you should not have any problem getting ITA in the next draw given that you open a EE profile with CIC. Once invited and submitted all the documents, generally you will get your PR within 6 months at most.
You are the best.

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hi Everyone

Thx
Abbie

Don't panic :)
PR is not simple or straight forward, and every case is different, so nobody can tell for sure. And there is no 'fastest way' (even for those who are sponsored), especially if you do it on your own.
Here are a few links that will help you figure out next steps, as these have information about every immigration category, so you can figure out where you fit best:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees.html

As for your points, nobody can tell what the next CRS cut-off point is going to be, as it depends on under which category you apply and/or get invited. You can check past CRS express entry trends here:
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/02/new-express-entry-draw-invites-3000-candidates-to-apply-for-canadian-permanent-residence-0210224.html#gs.JybOjWY

I hope this helps!

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
Don't panic :)
PR is not simple or straight forward, and every case is different, so nobody can tell for sure. And there is no 'fastest way' (even for those who are sponsored), especially if you do it on your own.
Here are a few links that will help you figure out next steps, as these have information about every immigration category, so you can figure out where you fit best:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees.html

As for your points, nobody can tell what the next CRS cut-off point is going to be, as it depends on under which category you apply and/or get invited. You can check past CRS express entry trends here:
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/02/new-express-entry-draw-invites-3000-candidates-to-apply-for-canadian-permanent-residence-0210224.html#gs.JybOjWY

I hope this helps!
Thank you! It seems to me that from that link and previous responses we should be good to go on 488, and we can use the provincial nomination as a backup plan should we be getting close to the date with no invitation.

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Thank you! It seems to me that from that link and previous responses we should be good to go on 488, and we can use the provincial nomination as a backup plan should we be getting close to the date with no invitation.
With express entry you can be invited under more than 1 streams (PNP, CEC etc.) - your ITA will tell you under which stream you are invited.

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
I've submitted it and it's saying complete but now we only have 317 points and it says we have only met the criteria for CEC. My husband got 0 points for education so it's obviously something there. If I click on it it says that we must have ECA for credentials outside of Canada but I didn't say we had completed this when I did the points calculator :( :(

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've submitted it and it's saying complete but now we only have 317 points and it says we have only met the criteria for CEC. My husband got 0 points for education so it's obviously something there. If I click on it it says that we must have ECA for credentials outside of Canada but I didn't say we had completed this when I did the points calculator :( :(
ECA is a must. Refer to the below link for the fastest organization that do ECA as of now.
https://www.wes.org/ca/

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018

Since you only qualify under CEC, you really need the ECA done (approx. 20-35 days). Foreign qualifications don't always equate 1:1 to the Canadian degrees, and it can easily happen that the ECA comes back different from what you have e.g. a 4 year foreign degree can be assessed as equal to a 3 year Canadian degree, or not recognised at all. Just food for thought, before you submit 'yes', without actually having the assessment done. Plus, I think, when you say 'Yes' to having an ECA you'd need to add some details (report # maybe) of that ECA (which you can't really make up), but I can't remember. I think it's similar to the language tests where you have to add your actual results.