+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP NEEDED: Forgot to pay OWP fee

Karber123

Dec 20, 2018
I am an inland sponsor and I've submitted PR and OWP application for my spouse last November.

But today when I was browsing the threads here, I suddenly found that I forgot to pay the application fee, which is 255 in total for the OWP (we have not received our AOR yet).

What shall I do? Shall we wait until we receive the AOR, pay the fee online and submit the receipt regarding the AOR to CIC?

I appreciate any inputs....

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am an inland sponsor and I've submitted PR and OWP application for my spouse last November.

But today when I was browsing the threads here, I suddenly found that I forgot to pay the application fee, which is 255 in total for the OWP (we have not received our AOR yet).

What shall I do? Shall we wait until we receive the AOR, pay the fee online and submit the receipt regarding the AOR to CIC?

I appreciate any inputs....
They will either give you the opportunity to pay or send the application back. Are you in status?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you.. I will try to call them once I've received the AOR...
If you're going to call you're better off to do it now and see if you can get any information. AOR is only received once your application is deemed complete so it may be sent back before that time.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Could you apply online to extend your wife's visitor status, thus giving her implied status while you wait to see if your application is returned? If it is returned you'll be in the queue for extension with implied status and can resubmit. If your app isn't sent back and you get AOR, you can cancel extension request. Current processing time for extensions is 99 days, that's before they even look at the application to extend.

Reactions: Karber123

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Could you apply online to extend your wife's visitor status, thus giving her implied status while you wait to see if your application is returned? If it is returned you'll be in the queue for extension with implied status and can resubmit. If your app isn't sent back and you get AOR, you can cancel extension request. Current processing time for extensions is 99 days, that's before they even look at the application to extend.
She already has visitor status and may not need to extend it.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you submitted your application in Nov 2018.....takes around 3 months for AOR.....so to avoid return of your application.....pay the fees online immediately......send a copy of the OWP fees ($255) payment receipt and a copy of your earlier paid sponsorship fee ($1040) receipt through IRCC webform to the visa office (IRCC Mississauga - inland sponsorship)......you may include an explanation note.