+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed - Existing Student visa on my passport

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
I am going to apply for my canada study permit. However, I have a dilemma. My passport has a student visa of UK from 2008 to 2010 but i was in U.K. only for 3 months (sep 2008 to dec 2008). I had to return back due to my Father's health issues.

So in my Visa application(Schedule -1 temporary resident visa application form) should i mention my stay in UK reason as "Study" or "Study - Had to return just within 3 months due to father's health issues".?

What would be more appropriate thing to do. I don't want to provide Visa officer with unnecessary information. On the other hand, I also don't want to appear to be hiding anything. Please help me on this.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Just mention "Study" as your reason for your stay in the UK. Keep it simple. Your visa validity isn't a concern since you went to the UK and returned within the allotted time. Also make sure you list Sept 2008 to Dec 2008 as the date range for your stay in the UK. The only reason you might want to mention your father's health issues is if it would justify a significant gap. You can address this in a separate letter such as a statement of purpose/letter of explanation.

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
I was thinking on the same lines that I explain my situation to Visa officer by attaching a letter. I would have to explain it somewhere because apart from the Temporary resident visa form, there is a student questionnaire form which asks me to mention all study and work since age of 18. I would have to mention my UK study there, but in degree awarded column I will have to put either "N/A" or a simple dash (-). So I feel Visa officer might seek some explanation somewhere for this.

Do you think the UK student visa where in I just stayed for 3 months can become a cause for rejection, if everything else is perfect from my end?

And also is a letter of explanation taken positively in cases such as mine?

Sorry if I am asking a difficult questions, but I am very tensed regarding this and would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Sundeep(Punjab-India)

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
Ludhiana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't tell lie...if visa officer get knowledge about your hiding thing...your visa would be refused in first hand if you want you cannot hide your UK stay...

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
Of course i am not going to lie. But i want to inform this to visa officer and i am confused how to do this without spoiling my chance of getting a visa.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
I think you are overthinking this. In the student questionnaire you can put N/A in the degree awarded column. Just attach a letter of explanation letting the VO know that you went to the UK to study but had to come back due to family issues. I don't know why they would hold that against you? It only proves that you have strong family ties back home. Just be honest. You don't need to worry about this as long as the other details of your application are strong. Hope this helps.

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
Thanks a lot samroc. I will do exactly that. Attach a letter to Visa officer for my situation. This surely helps... :)

stepup

Mar 27, 2014
Help needed

Metric 2000
Intermediate 2002
Bachelor 2004
2005 to 2008 worked in company as manager.
2008 went for business studies to cyprus.. But came back because education level was very low.
then again started job in same company on same position till jan 2010.
March 2010 went to Australia for business studies and did Business diploma from there.
In may 2011 i renewed my visa for futher studies and got visa till DEC 2013.
but in Dec 2011 i went to japan for visit. i stayed in japan for 3 months and came back to pakistan in March 2012.
then i didnt go back to australia because of some family issues.
i again started job in same company till now.
Now i want to apply for further studies and wana do graduate diploma in business from canada.
What are the chances to get visa?