+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed - ECA New Applicant Form - ICAS ECA process

Onkar Yadav

Mar 7, 2020
Hi All,

I have never studied or worked in Canada, trying to apply for an ECA of my masters degree through ICAS for express entry from overseas. Was following the instructions in the video linked below, at 1:35 in the video the Step 4 - Report Required for has to be Immigration to Canada. However, on the ICAS site the option seems to be missing and several other options are now available, which are as follows.

1. Federal Skilled Worker
2. Federal Skilled Trades
3. Canadian Experience Class
4. Provincial Nominee Program
5. Atlantic Immigration Pilot
6. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
7. Agri-Food Immigration Pilot

Not sure if the process has changed or if there is a technical error on the website. Would welcome any information, suggestion or advise to overcome the issue I am up against.

ICAS Form Link: https://www.icascanada.ca/ios/Applications/NewApplicant.aspx

Reactions: Soni Manral

Soni Manral

Jun 15, 2020
Hi All,

I have never studied or worked in Canada, trying to apply for an ECA of my masters degree through ICAS for express entry from overseas. Was following the instructions in the video linked below, at 1:35 in the video the Step 4 - Report Required for has to be Immigration to Canada. However, on the ICAS site the option seems to be missing and several other options are now available, which are as follows.

Not sure if the process has changed or if there is a technical error on the website. Would welcome any information, suggestion or advise to overcome the issue I am up against.

ICAS Form Link: https://www.icascanada.ca/ios/Applications/NewApplicant.aspx
Hi Onkar,

Have you received a response on this? I am also stuck at this step and need assistance.

Onkar Yadav

Mar 7, 2020
Hi Soni,

I had raised the same concern with the ICAS as well, but no real help was received. All I was advised was that every thing on there website was working as expected and it was up to me to find out which program I was applying for. I took some research on my end to finally find out what needed to be done, and that was not ICAS but WES for the ECA.

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Can someone help me to fill the ICAS form education history section
I am from India and need to evaluate my MBA degree from SMU .
I am bit confused in filling Primary, secondary and post-secondary and others

Dec 24, 2020
Hi @SaadFaheem
I am also stuck here when filling ICAS form. Hope you have applied for ICAS and would request your assistance. Is it mandatory to fill Primary and secondary education details? And also in Step 4 - Report Required for, there is no option specified as 'Immigration to Canada'. What option did you choose?

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Hi @SaadFaheem
I am also stuck here when filling ICAS form. Hope you have applied for ICAS and would request your assistance. Is it mandatory to fill Primary and secondary education details? And also in Step 4 - Report Required for, there is no option specified as 'Immigration to Canada'. What option did you choose?

Hey Chandu

I filled in all my details also I have put my 10th & 12th pass out certificate colored print out in the applicant package which we need to send as a courier to ICAS as applicant but I asked only for my Masters's transcript instead of all since I just need an evaluation of my masters from Sikkim Manipal University.
When I was confused I wrote an email to ICAS there is no doubt they are active on emails so for official help I must say write to them they can assist you best I can only share my experiences.
I have put all my papers in Sep'2020 till now the evaluation is not complete I wrote to follow-up emails to them and they replied because of COVID operations are very slow so wish me luck will share once i will get my evaluation results.

Best of luck and write an email to ICAS that's the best source.

Dec 24, 2020
Hey Chandu

I filled in all my details also I have put my 10th & 12th pass out certificate colored print out in the applicant package which we need to send as a courier to ICAS as applicant but I asked only for my Masters's transcript instead of all since I just need an evaluation of my masters from Sikkim Manipal University.
When I was confused I wrote an email to ICAS there is no doubt they are active on emails so for official help I must say write to them they can assist you best I can only share my experiences.
I have put all my papers in Sep'2020 till now the evaluation is not complete I wrote to follow-up emails to them and they replied because of COVID operations are very slow so wish me luck will share once i will get my evaluation results.

Best of luck and write an email to ICAS that's the best source.
Thank you and as suggested, I will write to ICAS related to my doubts. And a quick question: Which option did you select while filling the form for the step 'Report required for'? Because I could only see below options and there is no option called 'Immigration to canada' as suggested by few other sources.

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Thank you and as suggested, I will write to ICAS related to my doubts. And a quick question: Which option did you select while filling the form for the step 'Report required for'? Because I could only see below options and there is no option called 'Immigration to canada' as suggested by few other sources.

Bro Federal Skilled Worker is a name of express entry program of Canada I filled this one as i remember

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
I would like to update and congratulate to all the people who have done MBA from SMU and trying ECA for Canada immigration you will get Master's report now its confirmed.
Since I have received my ECA report electronic copy from ICAS and its clearly mentioned that the competitive level in Canada is master of business administration.
So please do not hear any bullshit around who says smu degree is not excepted abroad or long distance MBA is not valid in immigration process of Canada.

priyankaar

Nov 2, 2020
I would like to update and congratulate to all the people who have done MBA from SMU and trying ECA for Canada immigration you will get Master's report now its confirmed.
Since I have received my ECA report electronic copy from ICAS and its clearly mentioned that the competitive level in Canada is master of business administration.
So please do not hear any bullshit around who says smu degree is not excepted abroad or long distance MBA is not valid in immigration process of Canada.
Congratulation and thank you updating.
Today I am going to apply for assessment of my SMU MBA degree(distance education). And after your message my hopes are high :)

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Congratulation and thank you updating.
Today I am going to apply for assessment of my SMU MBA degree(distance education). And after your message my hopes are high :)
Good luck. Priyanka
Just be active in your follow ups with university and icas since both are supporting

priyankaar

Nov 2, 2020
Good luck. Priyanka
Just be active in your follow ups with university and icas since both are supporting
Thank you :) So did you only assess MBA degree from ICAS ? or both Bachelors and Masters.
In my case I have already assessed my Bachelor degree from WES and now assessing MBA from SMU-DE in ICAS. So I had doubt if ICAS will consider my MBA as Masters or just another Bachelors ?

SaadFaheem

Jun 19, 2020
Thank you :) So did you only assess MBA degree from ICAS ? or both Bachelors and Masters.
In my case I have already assessed my Bachelor degree from WES and now assessing MBA from SMU-DE in ICAS. So I had doubt if ICAS will consider my MBA as Masters or just another Bachelors ?
In my case bachelor degree is from university of Delhi and assessment required only for higher education so you are little late if we came in touch before I would have share this with you.
You need only higher degree assessment but there is a glitch in WES they don't except any MBA or any MA from India as equivalent to masters in Canada I have seen many of my friends who have done their masters from far better universities but still they received two year diploma status which higher than bachelors and lower than masters all and all in WES case if you for Master's assessment you will lose the points in express entry or any other immigration programe of Canada.
When I send my package to ICAS I send all of my marksheets, passout certificates and degrees I am talking about from 10th to Master's all documents but since I need assessment of my MBA only I contact MBA university ie SMU.
They have send transcripts from email during the peak of lockdown and then they send the courier as well. No doubt ICAS took lot of time but trust me people who have done MBA from SMU this is the only option also SMU and ICAS have some collaboration otherwise it is confirmed that IQAS is rejecting the SMU cases irrespective of they have SMU in their university list on the website.
So I have decided to reach out to this forum to tell similar cases to take a breath of hope that our MBA is worth
You know what I mean. SMU already have the negative market and people use to say that distance learning MBA do not consider in immigration process which is all crap.