+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed: DClinPsy (Clinical Psychologist Trainee) in UK, Fiance in Canada (Physician)

Pandafamily

Dec 3, 2019
Hi everybody,

I'm posting on behalf of me (Canadian citizen) and my fiance (who's a British citizen). We want to get her to Toronto ASAP, but we're not sure where to begin.

She currently just finished her last year of her DClinPsy program at UCL, and is awaiting final decision on her thesis before considered as passed her degree. I understand we need to use WES as per the College of Psychologists of Ontario for both her professional degree and immigration. Unfortunately as she's a new grad, she doesn't have any work experience in the psychologist field yet, and we prefer for us to be reunited earlier rather than later.

We're in a tricky situation where she needs immigration to get her license to practice as a psychologist; and she needs a job to make immigration easier. I have lots of potential jobs she can take, but not sure how we can go about proving that too.

She does have 2 years of research assistant experience in Hong Kong between 2014-2016.

Financially I'm well off and able to support her, but I'm not sure how to prove that on her immigration profile. She herself is currently broke (after years of schooling), but I have no issue wiring an appropriate amount of funds to show immigration officers that she has access to the money if possible.

She doesn't have any immediate family members here. We're not sure if we should even take our chances with Express Entry and take the IELTS or get married ASAP and go from that route? Is there an in between option?

HELP!

Wilfrid

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everybody,

I'm posting on behalf of me (Canadian citizen) and my fiance (who's a British citizen). We want to get her to Toronto ASAP, but we're not sure where to begin.

She currently just finished her last year of her DClinPsy program at UCL, and is awaiting final decision on her thesis before considered as passed her degree. I understand we need to use WES as per the College of Psychologists of Ontario for both her professional degree and immigration. Unfortunately as she's a new grad, she doesn't have any work experience in the psychologist field yet, and we prefer for us to be reunited earlier rather than later.

We're in a tricky situation where she needs immigration to get her license to practice as a psychologist; and she needs a job to make immigration easier. I have lots of potential jobs she can take, but not sure how we can go about proving that too.

She does have 2 years of research assistant experience in Hong Kong between 2014-2016.

Financially I'm well off and able to support her, but I'm not sure how to prove that on her immigration profile. She herself is currently broke (after years of schooling), but I have no issue wiring an appropriate amount of funds to show immigration officers that she has access to the money if possible.

She doesn't have any immediate family members here. We're not sure if we should even take our chances with Express Entry and take the IELTS or get married ASAP and go from that route? Is there an in between option?

HELP!

Wilfrid
Getting married is your best option. Sponsorship will still take 12 months. If she applies inland and is in Canada she can apply for a work permit at the same time. That will take around 4 months. Are you currently in Canada?

Pandafamily

Dec 3, 2019
I am currently in Canada yes. She is currently in UK.

What do you mean applies inland and is in Canada?

Actually I noticed this on the Express Entry scoring system:
10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

• 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

• blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)
I have a sister in Canada. If we quickly get married, say, in Vegas, would that become a yes then?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently in Canada yes. She is currently in UK.

What do you mean applies inland and is in Canada?

Actually I noticed this on the Express Entry scoring system:
10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

• 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

• blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)
I have a sister in Canada. If we quickly get married, say, in Vegas, would that become a yes then?
If your gf has no work experience she won’t qualify for express entry. You should get married. Getting married in Canada would be easiest and once you have your marriage certificate you can apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Inland sponsorship allows you to apply for a work permit at the same time which would take 4 months. Spousal sponsorship may take less than 12 months if she is a UK citizenship. You both need to stay in Canada during the sponsorship.bbwould encourage you to do more research. I also assume you have a longterm relationship with lots of pictures and proof of your relationship.

Pandafamily

Dec 3, 2019
If your gf has no work experience she won’t qualify for express entry. You should get married. Getting married in Canada would be easiest and once you have your marriage certificate you can apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Inland sponsorship allows you to apply for a work permit at the same time which would take 4 months. Spousal sponsorship may take less than 12 months if she is a UK citizenship. You both need to stay in Canada during the sponsorship.bbwould encourage you to do more research. I also assume you have a longterm relationship with lots of pictures and proof of your relationship.
She does have 2 years of psychology research assistant experience in Hong Kong between 2014-2016, paid work full time.

We have a 3 year relationship with thousands of pictures.

Would that qualify her for express entry still?

Wilfrid

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She does have 2 years of psychology research assistant experience in Hong Kong between 2014-2016, paid work full time.

We have a 3 year relationship with thousands of pictures.

Would that qualify her for express entry still?

Wilfrid
No usually need 3 years of work experience. You should be looking up the programs and doing your research. Hire a consultant if you need more guidance.