+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed - College does not accept ELP after application!

Saskatoony

Jan 22, 2016
Hi,

I am so frustrated and angry ...

Before I applied to a College I wanted to be sure that I met the English language proficiency. The College
website states if your primary language is not English you have to do IELTS or other test. The international
application form states (the one I sent in) if your first language is not English or your previous studies have not been conducted in English
you have to provide test results.

The coordinator of the Program confirmed on the phone that no additional test would be requested if my post secondary education was done in English. So I applied, paid 400 CAD and sent in my University transcripts. I graduated with a BSc (Honours) in Psychology. Now the College wrote
me back that I have to take the IELTS or other tests because my education was done by distance which they knew before. They responded that if I had taken Business Communication or English Literature classes they would consider it but not my courses from my Psychology degree because it does not show my ability of English language. I wrote them that I had to do my research project on campus in United Kingdom, all my assignments, exams and tutorials were done in English.The Open University in England is internationally accredited and my Bachelor is equivalent to a 4 year Bachelor in Canada. So I write emails back and for and all I get is emails with Copy Paste links from their website telling me about IELTS .. tests. They do not even read my emails!

I am also trying to phone the Coordinator of the Program but it is impossible to reach not on the personal number not through the office. I left a message on her voicemail but nobody calls me back.

I have time until March 15 to send in the test results. The next test in my area is on March 5 so the result will not be
available by March 15. How could I even prepare for the test in such a short span??? I read on IELTS website it needs minimum 2-3 months of
preparation.

Any suggestions what I could do? If the application form clearly states that previous education done in English is proof enough I do not see
why my degree is not accepted.

This is all so upsetting and I feel I m running out of time to start the application for my Study permit.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you so much.

Saskatoony

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's up to the school what policies they set for admissions and they will sometimes request additional documents if they feel they are needed. Unfortunately your only choice is to continue communicating with the college hoping that you can change their minds.

Which college are you applying to and what program?

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
I have heard that Taking IELTS would help in visa processing as well, so, you could take the test, that way it would be useful for getting admission from the university as well as for visa...