+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed! choose NOC code regarding my job description

BunnyC

Feb 11, 2016
Hello guys,

I am now at my final stage before submitting my CEC profile. There is one concern regarding my NOC code that I worried about being rejected by this.

My consultant suggested I should choose NOC code 1215 to apply after went through my Job description. However, I double checked with HRDSC (after heard many stories that the consultant messed up the case). I sent them my Job descriptions and got replied very quick with request for education requirement and the company business/establishment. I replied back and got an answer of NOC 1523 which is skill level C.

I would be much appreciated if anyone can give me some suggestions, to rephrase my job description? or to find another more qualified job (I still have 1 year and 5 months on my PGWP)?

Also, I know the NOC code updates every five years. So I am assuming that the NOC 2016 will come out soon. I am concerned that if some NOC codes will fall from skill level B to skill level C. Does anyone have any info about this?

Following are my job descriptions and education requirement (what I sent to HRDSC):

Job Title: Order Management Coordiantor

Duties and Responsibilities

• Validate all Customer purchase orders (PO) requirements to ensure they meet Company Order booking policy.
• Assign Customer POs to team members in a timely manner and review processed POs based on contractual requirements, internal policy, and business feasibility.
• Maintain ownership and responsibility for all Purchase Order related issues through to resolution and to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate with project managers, customers and other supply chain management teams to schedule, revise or cancel the Customer POs.
• Oversee and ensure that all internal approvals are received for Customer Trial and Evaluations, Advanced authorizations, Free of Charge/Cost only orders as per the Delegation of Authority.
• Prepare and publish necessary reports as defined by external and internal customer needs.
• Communicate and hand off expedite requests for hardware and services to appropriate stakeholders
• Performs data entry into electronic SAP business system and associated peripheral systems.
• Maintain electronic and paper files/records according to established procedures including, but not limited to, purchase orders, change orders, part numbers, expedites, delivery challenges, etc.
• Maintain accurate files that meet both Internal and External audit Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standards.
• Select appropriate contract in alignment with purchase order equipment.
• Assist Finance to resolve any bookings and Accounts receivable issues.
• Understand and implement customer billing requirements including special codes
• Participate and assist in monthly and quarterly revenue pushes to ensure that revenue targets are met for the company.
• Review acknowledgements and revisions prior to mailing to the customer.

Qualifications:

Education: Post Secondary education is preferred or equivalent combination of skills and experience. Project Management experience would be an asset.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
Yeah, based on the duties you posted 1523 is a pretty good match - it seems there is way too little managerial component for it to better fit 1215.

If you can get a solid 0/A/B skill level job then it's the best solution.

BunnyC

Feb 11, 2016
Thank you so much for advice! c2h5oh

I am considering changing to another job, do you think it's too late to do this? Cause I only have 1 year and 5 months on my PGWP.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
BunnyC said:
Thank you so much for advice! c2h5oh

I am considering changing to another job, do you think it's too late to do this? Cause I only have 1 year and 5 months on my PGWP.
Assuming you want to avoid not being to able to work in Canada (or even having to leave it) you need before PGWP expires:
- 12 months for the experience
- 2-3 weeks to get an invitation (EE draws are roughly twice a month)
- max 1 business day to get AOR (some get it the same day)

After that you can apply for BOWP and buy yourself 3-4 months of time - on implied status (and you might actually have eligibility passed by the time they process it - so you'll get it).

That means you have a maximum of 4 months to get a new job - the sooner the better of course.

BunnyC

Feb 11, 2016
Thank you so much for the timeline! That really helped a lot when making a decision!

I had meeting with my manager this morning and he said he would give me more supervisor level duties in the following year. However, it probably won't have any chance for my to an actual supervisor job title.

So I guess I will find a new job hopefully in 4 months (although I really love my current company and manager), and life is all about making tough decisions. :'(