+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***HELP NEEDED!!*** Can I re-enter Canada without a PR card after a soft landing?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello members,

IRCC recently let me know that once issued, I'll only have 3 months before my COPR expires.

But I'm not ready to permanently relocate to Canada just yet because I have a 6 months job contract....

You might suggest soft landing, but I don't have anyone I can trust to send my PR card to my home country.
However, I have read that I have 180 days to let IRCC know the mailing address for my PR card to be sent to.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#quarantine

That is enough a time for me to finish my job contract.

The question is:
Can I finish my landing process before my COPR expires, and then go back to my home country immediately, and then re-enter Canada without my PR card or letting them know the mailing address?

Thank you so much in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello members,

IRCC recently let me know that once issued, I'll only have 3 months before my COPR expires.

But I'm not ready to permanently relocate to Canada just yet because I have a 6 months job contract....

You might suggest soft landing, but I don't have anyone I can trust to send my PR card to my home country.
However, I have read that I have 180 days to let IRCC know the mailing address for my PR card to be sent to.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#quarantine

That is enough a time for me to finish my job contract.

The question is:
Can I finish my landing process before my COPR expires, and then go back to my home country immediately, and then re-enter Canada without my PR card or letting them know the mailing address?

Thank you so much in advance!
You will need either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document to fly back to Canada. The alternative is to fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
You will need either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document to fly back to Canada. The alternative is to fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border.
Thank you for your reply!
Will then even give me a PR Travel Document if I just leave Canada after one day from the landing?

Also, in order to leave Canada by air, I need to be fully vaccinated?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply!
Will then even give me a PR Travel Document if I just leave Canada after one day from the landing?

Also, in order to leave Canada by air, I need to be fully vaccinated?
You will apply for the PR Travel Document once you are outside of Canada. Yes, you will be approved if you have just done a soft landing.

Yes, you need to be fully vaccinated.

Reactions: MapleVivi

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
So I can ask for a PRTD even if I haven’t told them the mailing address for my PR card to be sent yet?