+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed-applying for PR inland

madzibaba

May 20, 2009
i am currently not married but plan on doing so in Mid october but I wasnt sure if I should wait for a bit before applying or its ok to apply as soon as we are married...would that suddeness raise suspicion in the eyes of the IO

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada and Trang Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have to jump on this thread. My husband will be in Canada in a week (on a TRV), at which time we are going to file for sponship/PRV. I thought b/c he is in Canada we have to apply for inland. But now I am reading it would actually benefit us to apply 'outland'. As I understand it, the only down side to outland, while he remains in Canada, is that he would have to fly back to his home country (Thailand) if he needed an interview? This begs the question, why would anyone apply inland if the process is that much quicker outland?

Also, do we wait for a request for the medical? I just found out it is over 200$ and I don't want to get it without it being requested and then have to get it again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland does work for some people. If you were fleeing something in your home country and really don't want to have to go back there for an interview (there was one case here of somebody dodging military draft in their homeland), if your homeland is very far away and expensive to travel to or if your home country takes so long processing files that inland is faster or if somebody is already in Canada on a work permit or study visa and is not in a hurry to get PR etc. Many people also apply inland because they think that if they are in Canada, they must apply inland, just like you thought before you came here.