+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed. Any other evidence to prove our relationship as a genuine one?

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
we are preparing for our immigration application and we kind of hit a roadblock here... Our relationship started on 27 Jul, 2018 and we got married last month, 09 Jan, 2019... We have tons of photos, an album that she gave me as a birthday present in Nov 2018, lots of facebook feeds with dates on them of our engagement trip and other trips to differen palces. Also, we have a mutual friend and a pastor who we both know to write letters stating that our relationship and marriage are true and genuine... But some of my friends in Canada said our evidence is not subjective enough or very circumstantial... most of them are just us proving our own relationship as a true one...

Since we were both living in the same city, which is our hometown, during the time before we got married, we did not rent a house or live together (as this is against our religion...) and we both lived in our parents' house. I have family plan with my parents and so, we don't share phone bills... Recently, I found a job in Canada and we decided to move there together.

We can start a joint joint account, credit card and/or purchase a joint insurance and make each other beneficiaries. But these will happen only in next several days and I am not sure if they will look suspicious or not as I plan to submit my application at the end of this month... Is there anything we can provide...

Frank GH

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Hey buddy,
a joint account, insurance etc. At this point is absolutely pointless.

I just write here our own experience: we submitted these documents along with our application:

1-Photos from the first day we met each other until the day of our application submission (of course not all of them, just the ones that showed our appearance has changed since the day we started our relationship)
2-Joint lease agreement (since you don't have it I suggest you write a letter of explanation explaining why you didn't live together... religious reasons and...)
3-STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON-LAW UNION (You guys don't need it since you have a marriage certificate)
4-Taxi bills, showing our daily commute from home to work (just some samples, not all of them. there were not enough capacity to upload all)
5-We provided phone numbers from our parents and close friends who knew our relationship is true and genuine.
6- We moved together to Germany as students, we provided the documents related to that (Tickets, hotel receipts, Visas, new joint lease agreement)
7- Receipts of the presents that I bought for my partner (Jewelry...)

Don't panic if you can't provide these documents. Just provide what you can. Focus, there are some proofs that you may not remember now cause you may think are useless. You guys have a marriage certificate, that's valuable. we didn't have that so we had to replace it with other proofs.

Don't listen to others who say you can't, experience it yourself. Just do it and see what happens.

Good Luck

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hey buddy,
a joint account, insurance etc. At this point is absolutely pointless.

I just write here our own experience: we submitted these documents along with our application:

1-Photos from the first day we met each other until the day of our application submission (of course not all of them, just the ones that showed our appearance has changed since the day we started our relationship)
2-Joint lease agreement (since you don't have it I suggest you write a letter of explanation explaining why you didn't live together... religious reasons and...)
3-STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON-LAW UNION (You guys don't need it since you have a marriage certificate)
4-Taxi bills, showing our daily commute from home to work (just some samples, not all of them. there were not enough capacity to upload all)
5-We provided phone numbers from our parents and close friends who knew our relationship is true and genuine.
6- We moved together to Germany as students, we provided the documents related to that (Tickets, hotel receipts, Visas, new joint lease agreement)
7- Receipts of the presents that I bought for my partner (Jewelry...)

Don't panic if you can't provide these documents. Just provide what you can. Focus, there are some proofs that you may not remember now cause you may think are useless. You guys have a marriage certificate, that's valuable. we didn't have that so we had to replace it with other proofs.

Don't listen to others who say you can't, experience it yourself. Just do it and see what happens.

Good Luck
Thank you so much Frank, for the encouragement and the advice!!!!

1. You did remind of something that might be valuable to show our relationship. I travelled to her home alot using Uber! I can certainly pull those records out to show the trips. It's just that the location I gave each time might not be the same. But they are very close to each other.

2. For telephones, we can provide a lot of them.... our friends (including that pastor) and family members, in our hometown, in Canada and in US, they can all voucher our relationship because my wife, she likes to show off our relationship...... a little too much, actually...

3. You also mentioned a very good point, i should pick those pictures that span the whole period of time. We primarily focused on picking those with both of us, or with families and friends and forgot about the time...

Thanks so much again!!

Last edited:

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
we are preparing for our immigration application and we kind of hit a roadblock here... Our relationship started on 27 Jul, 2018 and we got married last month, 09 Jan, 2019... We have tons of photos, an album that she gave me as a birthday present in Nov 2018, lots of facebook feeds with dates on them of our engagement trip and other trips to differen palces. Also, we have a mutual friend and a pastor who we both know to write letters stating that our relationship and marriage are true and genuine... But some of my friends in Canada said our evidence is not subjective enough or very circumstantial... most of them are just us proving our own relationship as a true one...

Since we were both living in the same city, which is our hometown, during the time before we got married, we did not rent a house or live together (as this is against our religion...) and we both lived in our parents' house. I have family plan with my parents and so, we don't share phone bills... Recently, I found a job in Canada and we decided to move there together.

We can start a joint joint account, credit card and/or purchase a joint insurance and make each other beneficiaries. But these will happen only in next several days and I am not sure if they will look suspicious or not as I plan to submit my application at the end of this month... Is there anything we can provide...
I don't see anything wrong with the insurance or joint account, after all you both just got married, this is normally when people start adding each other on life insurance, bank account and things like that. At least do the joint bank account, that is easier and much quicker.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
I don't see anything wrong with the insurance or joint account, after all you both just got married, this is normally when people start adding each other on life insurance, bank account and things like that. At least do the joint bank account, that is easier and much quicker.
Thanks so much!! We are planning to estable joint account and joint credit card anyway. Joint account is easier. The joint credit card is also easy because we both have the credit card issued by the same bank. So we just need to talk to the representative.

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Thanks so much!! We are planning to estable joint account and joint credit card anyway. Joint account is easier. The joint credit card is also easy because we both have the credit card issued by the same bank. So we just need to talk to the representative.
Exactly, I am also gathering documents for my spouse sponsership so I got some of those same things you have be thinking of doing. I got married in Sept 2018.

Reactions: timothyltl

Frank GH

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Thank you so much Frank, for the encouragement and the advice!!!!

1. You did remind of something that might be valuable to show our relationship. I travelled to her home alot using Uber! I can certainly pull those records out to show the trips. It's just that the location I gave each time might not be the same. But they are very close to each other.

2. For telephones, we can provide a lot of them.... our friends (including that pastor) and family members, in our hometown, in Canada and in US, they can all voucher our relationship because my wife, she likes to show off our relationship...... a little too much, actually...

3. You also mentioned a very good point, i should pick those pictures that span the whole period of time. We primarily focused on picking those with both of us, or with families and friends and forgot about the time...

Thanks so much again!!
My pleasure, if you had any other question message me right away

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Absolutely - in the three months between getting married and submitting our application, my spouse and I did a ton of things related to bank accounts, insurances, our house title, etc. We did whatever we could as it was necessary for the relationship proof and also normal and expected of a newly married couple.

@timothyltl you can definitely go ahead and get some "official" stuff like that set up before applying.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Exactly, I am also gathering documents for my spouse sponsership so I got some of those same things you have be thinking of doing. I got married in Sept 2018.
Hey man, all the best to you!! I am working on it as well...

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Absolutely - in the three months between getting married and submitting our application, my spouse and I did a ton of things related to bank accounts, insurances, our house title, etc. We did whatever we could as it was necessary for the relationship proof and also normal and expected of a newly married couple.

@timothyltl you can definitely go ahead and get some "official" stuff like that set up before applying.
Yes! But unfortunately, we don't have the luxury you had... We got married early in January 2019 and since then we went to book a hotel hall (have a down payment receipt) to host our wedding ceremony in the coming October. Not long after that, there came the Chinese New Year spanning from late Jan to early Feb, the time when basically nothing would run, no banking, no nothing... The only thing we did was taking trip (I booked the hotel with both of our names on the booking conformation letter) to another city. Now, she is on a business trip... She wants to help but there is only so much that she can do when she is flying around... Therefore, the strategy we are going with is getting letters from friends (including a pastor who witnessed our relationship growing) and family showing that this is a public relationship which everyone knows about and the expenses that we covered for each other, things like mobile phone recharge, air tickets, hotels, etc... so basically, checklist section 7 e) option 2 and 3...

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO

And in just a few days, I will be going back to Toronto to take the new position I got from a company there, meaning that there is no point of renting an apartment with only her in it...