+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

:Help. Need your advice I am confused

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
I want to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa for my7months old son. We have already filed for sponsorship for him but it is taking forever to get approved. What are the steps. Should I apply online or via paper application. And is there a maximum amount I should have in my account to show that I can take care of him? Do I need to send an invitation letter? Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can try to apply for a TRV but there is no guarantee that it will be approved. He isn’t actually a visitor which is one of the reasons he may not be approved. Then you could try TRP. If neither works you need to wait the 6-10 months until you get approval for the child.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you say longer than 6 months, you will likely be denied a visa because you can generally only get admitted for 6 months at a maximum. If you say less than 6 months, CIC will also know you have a sponsorship application pending.

You need to apply with the acknowledgement that you will remove him from Canada if the sponsorship takes longer than the amount of time he is admitted to Canada, but I'm not too sure how to phrase it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you say longer than 6 months, you will likely be denied a visa because you can generally only get admitted for 6 months at a maximum. If you say less than 6 months, CIC will also know you have a sponsorship application pending.

You need to apply with the acknowledgement that you will remove him from Canada if the sponsorship takes longer than the amount of time he is admitted to Canada, but I'm not too sure how to phrase it.
You can always apply for an extension. The hard part is getting the initial TRV.

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
In essence you are saying I should

Be open and just tell them that I need the visa for my son so we can continue the wait in Canada but if at the expiration of the visa his sponsorship isn't approved he will be out of Canada....just for the records( but I can apply for an extension)