+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help need for Marriage Certificate and CNIC translation - Pakistan

PrettySoul2017

Feb 22, 2017
Hi friends,

Can anyone suggest how to get translation of marriage certificate in Pakistan? Secondly, do we need to get our computerized national ID card translation as well or it is not required to submit?

Thanks.

FSW1 , ITA received

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
Hi there,

Its really simple. Go to the 'kacheree' of your city and provide them your original nikah nama. They will translate and attest it in english. That is all you need. Wont cost more than 500 rupees.

Not sure about CNIC. Which city btw?

Good luck.

PrettySoul2017

Feb 22, 2017
A count ant said:
Hi there,

Its really simple. Go to the 'kacheree' of your city and provide them your original nikah nama. They will translate and attest it in english. That is all you need. Wont cost more than 500 rupees.

Good luck.
Oh really , you mean notary public can translate, right?. thanks for your reply.

Do we need to produce affidavit from the person who completed the translation.? (Near Islamabad)

BS022631986

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Go to union council of ur area and ask for computerizes marriage certificate they will charge Rs 100 and will issue u in an hour.
For NICOP go to nadra office and initiate a request for nicop they will charge Rs 1500 and will issue u sim CNIC in week or so.

PrettySoul2017

Feb 22, 2017
BS022631986 said:
Go to union council of ur area and ask for computerizes marriage certificate they will charge Rs 100 and will issue u in an hour.
For NICOP go to nadra office and initiate a request for nicop they will charge Rs 1500 and will issue u sim CNIC in week or so.
If I have computerized marriage certificate (English) , do I need to upload marriage certificate(original) in Urdu Language as well?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PrettySoul2017 said:
If I have computerized marriage certificate (English) , do I need to upload marriage certificate(original) in Urdu Language as well?
The computerized English is considered original as it can be verified directly from the government.

For NIC, you will also have to get NICOP or SMart nicop which is in english. However, you will not need NICOP during the whole process unless you want to claim points for a sibling residing in Canada, with the same parent. In that case your Nicop and your siblings nicop will show the name of parent.

Good luck

Reactions: nuclearbattery

PrettySoul2017

Feb 22, 2017
farazafzal said:
The computerized English is considered original as it can be verified directly from the government.

For NIC, you will also have to get NICOP or SMart nicop which is in english. However, you will not need NICOP during the whole process unless you want to claim points for a sibling residing in Canada, with the same parent. In that case your Nicop and your siblings nicop will show the name of parent.

Good luck
Many thanks farazafzal for your reply. Great, so no translation required of urdu based marriage certificate after getting marriage certificate from NADRA/union council and there is no need to upload that urdu marriage certificate. Am I getting right?

my spouse have been lived overseas, so spouse have overseas English card but card is before our marriage. after marriage we got cnic and now smart card. Do you think spouse overseas card works in our case?
secondly, Nadra smart card cnic is funny thing, front side of card have information in both Urdu and English and back side is only in urdu. If I get back side translation of my smart card, would it works. and in which section I need to upload CNIC.

Many thanks.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PrettySoul2017 said:
Many thanks farazafzal for your reply. Great, so no translation required of urdu based marriage certificate after getting marriage certificate from NADRA/union council and there is no need to upload that urdu marriage certificate. Am I getting right?

my spouse have been lived overseas, so spouse have overseas English card but card is before our marriage. after marriage we got cnic and now smart card. Do you think spouse overseas card works in our case?
secondly, Nadra smart card cnic is funny thing, front side of card have information in both Urdu and English and back side is only in urdu. If I get back side translation of my smart card, would it works. and in which section I need to upload CNIC.

Many thanks.
-- If you have English language Marriage certificate from NADRA you don't need to upload urdu language one.
-- CNIC card question is irrelevant, as you don't have to upload it at all. Read my last post again.

Reactions: nuclearbattery

PrettySoul2017

Feb 22, 2017
farazafzal said:
-- If you have English language Marriage certificate from NADRA you don't need to upload urdu language one.
-- CNIC card question is irrelevant, as you don't have to upload it at all. Read my last post again.
;) many Thanks for explaining two times for me.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farazafzal said:
Hey,

So instead of getting english marriage certificate from Nadra, I got mine translated to English from a notary. Would that work Or I would have to get it from Nadra ?

Thanks!

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Hi guys,

Nadra Marriage certificate has my wife maiden name i.e. Name before her marriage. Should I apply for new Nadra marriage certificate with changed name?

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Hi there,

Good luck.
Hi..

Can some one confirm that the marriage certificate is nikha nama?mine is already in English..cannot remember when I got it changed...hope yhats the one requires.

Any update on NIC. .is there a need to translate.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have Smart NICOP , whereas my (to-be) spouse has the Overseas Nadra ID Card.
For getting the MRC from Union council, a part from the NIKAH NAAMA .. Do we have to apply for the smart NICOP of the bride before applying for MRC ? Because , the new smart NICOP would have the Husband's name mentioned. OR , the bride's previous NICOP ( before marriage one) can be used to get the MRC ?

WaleedJaved

May 12, 2021
Hi Guys,

I know its an old thread but hoping I can find some help here, I received the following messaged today from London Office,
" Submissions: - copy of Urdu Nikah Nama. This must be received at this office by: 2022/02/04"

Our Nikah Nama (Marriage certificate) was originally in English and it is registered with the Government of Pakistan (Certified NADRA copy sent with the package), we wanted to be proactive about it and instead of getting it in Urdu we got it in English. But now they want it in Urdu, what are our options now? Also does't make sense why the would need this now, is it at Immigration officers discretion to ask for anything they like that dont make sense to them.