+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help need advice .

Zuniga

Feb 3, 2020
Hi, my fiancé and daughter are American citizens and they live currently in the United States , I applied for the Canadian visa to be able to see them but in Canada , since I was deported from the United States 2 years ago , my eTA was approved to visit Canada .i want to get my ticket to visit but I am afraid I will be sent back or told I cannot enter once I get to the airport. Please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my fiancé and daughter are American citizens and they live currently in the United States , I applied for the Canadian visa to be able to see them but in Canada , since I was deported from the United States 2 years ago , my eTA was approved to visit Canada .i want to get my ticket to visit but I am afraid I will be sent back or told I cannot enter once I get to the airport. Please help
As long as you have a return flight and your trip is of a reasonable length, you shouldn't have any issues entering Canada. I'm assuming you declared that you were refused entry / ordered to leave the US when you applied for the eTA. Provided you did that - I don't see any issues.

Reactions: jddd

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Agree with scylla, so long as you declared your deportation from the US, you should be fine.

Zuniga

Feb 3, 2020
Honestly I’m in Mexico and I saw and did research and I see a lot of of people mentioning this of declaring ..
See I paid por a service here in Mexico and they do the online gig for you . I know it’s easy you just go online and I was like eh what the heck.. and plus I know they know everything I’m not trying to lie . So I’m assuming the person didn’t bother to ask me any of this ..

Any recommendations could I still declare would it be for the best? Or would they not have found out once I applied for the eta and have gotten denied ??? Any advice ? Or will I be able just to tell them at the border ? I literally just wanna visit haha thank you for your time ..

I know telling the truth is the best but sometimes talking to much can be really bad?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Honestly I’m in Mexico and I saw and did research and I see a lot of of people mentioning this of declaring ..
See I paid por a service here in Mexico and they do the online gig for you . I know it’s easy you just go online and I was like eh what the heck.. and plus I know they know everything I’m not trying to lie . So I’m assuming the person didn’t bother to ask me any of this ..

Any recommendations could I still declare would it be for the best? Or would they not have found out once I applied for the eta and have gotten denied ??? Any advice ? Or will I be able just to tell them at the border ? I literally just wanna visit haha thank you for your time ..

I know telling the truth is the best but sometimes talking to much can be really bad?
If you failed to declare your deportation on your eTA app, you committed misrepresentation. You really need to know.

If you didn't declare it in the eTA app, expect that CBSA will know out about the deportation when you enter, as the 2 countries share this information. You can then expect a refusal of entry and a ban from Canada.

Reactions: jddd