+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! My wife misrepresented herself to a visa officer during interview.....

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
kelKel said:
I understand where you are coming from BB. The fact the OP has come on here and told this very fragile story regardless if its true or not is wrong, no doubt.
Thank you Kelkel and that is true about the victim. Unless the OP gives us details (which may still be far fetched!) It is really hard for any of us to say anything .

This forum was formed to give support to people in the same situation and once in a while such negative circumstances "pop" up i think to work us up!. I am here to offer support and well wishes to any immigant or immigrant-to-be and i hope majority of us here are too.
In my opinion such messages are created by trolls or people who enjoy seeing us "argue" and "fight" with each other or for the sole purpose of it. Even though the O.P. is not lying, it is still really hard to give appropriate advice without knowing what exactly happened. And clearly will be met with all sorts of negative comments.

I love to come here everyday to read peoples stories and to offer support where i can. I am in NO WAY as "plumosa" accused someone who demeans all rape victims at all!!. I feel really really bad for all rape victims! I am also not buying this persons story at all!. No need for bullying or calling people names. I will stay positive and happy and hope everyone here a speedy,stress-free,worry-free,Quick!, very quick processing of the papers no matter the circumstances!.
heres some good karma to y,all

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
I was watching a news article just based on this exact ordeal , where live in care givers from places like phil, bangladesh sri lanka were actually getting abused and raped in saudi arabia and they were really hopeless and couldnt get away from the owner either coz either the owner or the company that would sponsor them would keep the persons passport , cant do much if you do not have a passport and secondly the police would never listen to them as they were too loyal to the natives. its a sad but true fact.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
kal1313 said:
I was watching a news article just based on this exact ordeal , where live in care givers from places like phil, bangladesh sri lanka were actually getting abused and raped in saudi arabia and they were really hopeless and couldnt get away from the owner either coz either the owner or the company that would sponsor them would keep the persons passport , cant do much if you do not have a passport and secondly the police would never listen to them as they were too loyal to the natives. its a sad but true fact.
I don't doubt the OPs claim that his wife was abused and she had no recourse. Saudi Arabia is a terrible place for women, including foreign women.

All the more reason not to have lied about it on the application. Her story is believable.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
bobshynoswife said:
I don't doubt the OPs claim that his wife was abused and she had no recourse. Saudi Arabia is a terrible place for women, including foreign women.

All the more reason not to have lied about it on the application. Her story is believable.
Sorry to hear this from educated people, please guys watching Tv with no evidence not good, ;)

Let me put in this way, I worked with UN in past in Sudia for many years, yes their culture it manly at some point, but trust me women there treat will, and I see that in my eyes, and we had done a lot of reserch, yes there mistakes from human, thats as every place you go you ll find it, I lived in USA too I see in many states woman was treated so bad from their husband or boyfriend,
what I mean let not believe every Tv show or Fox news ;D
The resons I add this because when we have unclear picture about other we hate them, then they hate us, then trouble come.

for example see this man want to write book about his wife :eek: and go to Tv imagin he do it, and some one watch it, what he will , or read his book, he will believe him regarde what truth is.
I hope you got my point
;)

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dude,

do some simple things and write a latter to the visa officer that what really happend to her there

and tell the that was so embarrassing to tell....

so she said no

but after that she found that its a lie

so just want to tell the truth and write the latter to immigration with your case number and the things

or try to connect them and tell them truth ..cuz truth has no options

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Yaya Marei said:
Sorry to hear this from educated people, please guys watching Tv with no evidence not good, ;)
My sister lived in the middle east for many years, first Kuwait and then UAE, and travelled the region including Saudi Arabia. My information did not come from TV, it came from my sister's first-hand accounts with foreign women working in the middle east.

I am by no means saying that all Saudis treat women this way, just that with their general opinion of women and limitations put on women in their society plus their legal system, it is believable that a foreign woman felt she had no options after being tormented by her employer and had to leave the country. It is also believable that he could have some unfounded charges laid against her.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
if this is a true story then this man needs to go to lawyer to get expert advice as i dont think we can advise how he should proceed?

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Sorry that I have no advice really, but I have to say...

ohwiffy said:
I have been to Australia lots of times and even have family there, ...
If you've been to Australia so many times, you might have paid closer attention to their flag. Have a loot next time you're there. Lynw has stated before that she's not from Australia and she has a New Zealand flag as her avatar. In any case, personal attacks don't help anything, much less attacks on an entire country! I'm sure that there are nice Australians and not so nice ones, just as there are in every other country.