+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! My wife misrepresented herself to a visa officer during interview.....

ohwiffy

Sep 22, 2010
Please I need urgent help and advise. My wife misrepresented herself during the interview to a visa officer and am afraid they will find out the truth and ban her for two years. Please, what can I do? Me and the wife both agreed she would tell the truth about her past to the visa officer. She had worked in Saudi Arabia for two months and left because her boss wanted to marry her as his 5th wife. My wife refuse and fled the country. He (the boss) then proceeded to file a criminal case of theft against her. The matter is still pending in that country, so meaning my wife has a criminal case pending in that Middle Eastern country, but lied on the form she has no criminal history or case pending. Please, what can we do? Please advise only, no critic.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Had you asked for help before, I would guess the advice you would receive would be to tick YES and write what you just did as an explanation.

It's too late to say "Sorry, I lied, let me tell the truth now", that horse has already bolted through the gate. As I see it, you can try to tell the truth now but I don't know how you can do that, or wait to find out if CIC finds out she lied during the interview and what they will do about it, then appeal the decision with legal help.

*shrugs*

ohwiffy

Sep 22, 2010
Could I possibly withdraw the sponsorship application and reapply at a future date with the right info? Would this help?

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Were the responses you received last week when you posted under a different user name not to your liking? At least this post has information on why your wife lied on her application. I think you might have had a shred of hope had she admitted at the interview and told the truth, but now you are in really deep water. Withdrawing your application at this point will do nothing, as they will have her misrepresentation already on file.

Let this be a lesson to anyone applying in the future...TELL THE TRUTH. Especially if it is like something of the above poster, where it wasn't her fault. Innocent people do not need to lie. Sometimes things need to be explained, but with something as serious as immigration, honestly is not only the best policy, it is the only policy.

As I said before, I am sorry for your situation. My best advice is to accept the consequences which are inadmissability to Canada for at least 2 years. Go live with your wife and reapply after the time has passed.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
ohwiffy said:
Please I need urgent help and advise. My wife misrepresented herself during the interview to a visa officer and am afraid they will find out the truth and ban her for two years. Please, what can I do? Me and the wife both agreed she would tell the truth about her past to the visa officer. She had worked in Saudi Arabia for two months and left because her boss wanted to marry her as his 5th wife. My wife refuse and fled the country. He (the boss) then proceeded to file a criminal case of theft against her. The matter is still pending in that country, so meaning my wife has a criminal case pending in that Middle Eastern country, but lied on the form she has no criminal history or case pending. Please, what can we do? Please advise only, no critic.
I am sorry but your case is not strong
because Muslim people in Sadia does not allowed them to marry 5times , yes in Tv shows and Movies made in Others country yes , but in reality not truth.

Second,why she did not went to Police in Sudia tell them the story, or when she back to her backhome why she did not go to police and tell them the story sothey will chicked with Interpole.

Thired lets forget about what happened, if what you say is trut,she should contact her old boss and ask him to drop the case,
Find lawyer who can deal with this

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
bobshynoswife said:
Were the responses you received last week when you posted under a different user name not to your liking?
yes first he said two years , and now he made it 2 months only :eek:
truth ???

ohwiffy

Sep 22, 2010
She is considered a fugitive according to Saudi Law, so coming to Canada while a fugitive in another jurisdiction will be quite challenging. I also heard hat thru Interpol, Canadian embassy can find out. We are so scared now.....The idiot raped my wife several times and threaten to kill her if she doesn't marry him. Its Saudi, authorities can't help, rather she would be the one they would prosecute, so she CANNOT go back to Saudi to clear her name. If we explain this to Canadian embassy, they will still want her to go clear the alleged charges on her in Saudi. This is not possible. Maybe I just move back to my home country and live happily with my wife rather than going through complex and nerve-breaking process with Can embassy. She cannot go to the cop in Phil cos they will do nothing really, so far she back in good health in the Phil.

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
Yaya Marei said:
I am sorry but your case is not strong
because Muslim people in Sadia does not allowed them to marry 5times , yes in Tv shows and Movies made in Others country yes , but in reality not truth.
True ... according to Wikipedia, Saudis are only allowed to take 4 wives ... ::)

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
ohwiffy said:
She is considered a fugitive according to Saudi Law, so coming to Canada while a fugitive in another jurisdiction will be quite challenging. I also heard hat thru Interpol, Canadian embassy can find out. We are so scared now.....The idiot raped my wife several times and threaten to kill her if she doesn't marry him. Its Saudi, authorities can't help, rather she would be the one they would prosecute, so she CANNOT go back to Saudi to clear her name. If we explain this to Canadian embassy, they will still want her to go clear the alleged charges on her in Saudi. This is not possible. Maybe I just move back to my home country and live happily with my wife rather than going through complex and nerve-breaking process with Can embassy. She cannot go to the cop in Phil cos they will do nothing really, so far she back in good health in the Phil.
Please tell us the complete real story. In Saudi Arabia, the max is 4 (FOUR) wifes. There is no such a thing as a fifth wife. Fifth wife in Saudi Arabia means a mistress. So the boss was having your wife as a mistress on the side. If he really raped your wife several times, she should have reported it to the local police. You are not telling us the real story man.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
javcil said:
True ... according to Wikipedia, Saudis are only allowed to take 4 wives ... ::)
and you know it is not allowed to have even 4 unless there conditions for that, as he want to divorce her but she does not have anyone to take care of her, and things around
anyway, I believe he does not tell story as is it

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
ohwiffy said:
Ah, lies v2.0. This time it's 2 months not 2 years, and she did mention living in the middle east. Is it still all "the counsel"'s fault?

They should ban your wife permanently and charge you with fraud.

ohwiffy

Sep 22, 2010
Lynw, please keep your nasty opinions to yourself. You should spend more time finding work in your newly adopted country than criticizing and judging others. I have been to Australia lots of times and even have family there, Ozzies are nice, kind-hearted, unjudgemental people, but you Lynw are one nasty piece of work.

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
Pretty hypocritical there, man.
How about everyone keep their nasty opinions to themselves, OP's included. Hm?

Anyway, in this case it is quite easy for the visa office to determine if your wife has criminal charges. They will find out. And they will likely refuse the visa and place the 2 year ban. There isn't really any advice to offer at this point.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
ohwiffy said:
Lynw, please keep your nasty opinions to yourself. You should spend more time finding work in your newly adopted country than criticizing and judging others. I have been to Australia lots of times and even have family there, Ozzies are nice, kind-hearted, unjudgemental people, but you Lynw are one nasty piece of work.
Damn, remind me to write to Australia and tell them not to admit you in future. You're about as much fun as a barrel of redbacks :eek: :p

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
ohwiffy said:
Im sorry but your story just sounds too dramatic to be true,. Something is wrong here. dunno what but it just sounds so wrong!....