+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! My document checklist is insane?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Among requested documents:

1. United States Police Certificate
I have never lived in the United States. I backpacked there for 6 months a few years ago, and have travelled there for business since. However, I have never lived in the United States. Does anyone know why they're asking for this and how would I even get one?

2. Letter of Reference from EVERY company ever worked for in the last 10 years.
This is five separate employment letters from the last ten years and some from defunct companies or companies that wouldn't even give me the time of day.

3. LOR from current employer
How do you get around this?

4. Multiple passports with 10+ stamped pages in one document? Anyone have advice on how to do this?

5. Proof of completion of post secondary education
I literally checked the "not completed" section when filling in this educational activity. I did two years of a Law degree and dropped out -- so am I supposed to not mention what I was doing for two years?

This is a totally different document checklist from the one I had seen previously.

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Did you spent over 6 months in a row in the US since the age of 18? If so then you need a PCC.

2 - That's because you stated all your work history instead of only the ones that are relevant to your CRS and eligibility.

3 - Ask your employer?

4 - You're only required to upload stamps/visas of your current and valid passport. You can use a pdf compressor if the file is too big.

5 - This happened because you mentioned such studies in the education section. Remove it and state such education in the personal history section. No proof of such educational credentials will be required.

Reactions: Ronja5200

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
1 - Did you spent over 6 months in a row in the US since the age of 18? If so then you need a PCC.

2 - That's because you stated all your work history instead of only the ones that are relevant to your CRS and eligibility.

3 - Ask your employer?

4 - You're only required to upload stamps/visas of your current and valid passport. You can use a pdf compressor if the file is too big.

5 - This happened because you mentioned such studies in the education section. Remove it and state such education in the personal history section. No proof of such educational credentials will be required.
Thanks for the reply

I never stayed over 6 months in the US, I had a 6 month tourist Visa. I'll check the dates and refresh in case I got something wrong.

Should I delete other work history? In the personal history it says to state every activity for the last 10 years, i didn't want to say I was unemployed for 6 years so I put in my work history. Should I just leave it blank instead?

I have two current, valid passports with around 9 (double sided, 18 single) pages of stamps. PDF compressor might be needed, thank you.

Education went in the personal history section too, not the education section :|

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply

I never stayed over 6 months in the US, I had a 6 month tourist Visa. I'll check the dates and refresh in case I got something wrong.

Should I delete other work history? In the personal history it says to state every activity for the last 10 years, i didn't want to say I was unemployed for 6 years so I put in my work history. Should I just leave it blank instead?

I have two current, valid passports with around 9 (double sided, 18 single) pages of stamps. PDF compressor might be needed, thank you.

Education went in the personal history section too, not the education section :|
You still have to mention your work history in the personal history section. Saying you were unemployed is misrepresentation.

You can remove previous employments but you have to be careful it has no effect on your CRS or eligibility if you're a FSW applicant.

Reactions: canadalife1234

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
You still have to mention your work history in the personal history section. Saying you were unemployed is misrepresentation.

You can remove previous employments but you have to be careful it has no effect on your CRS or eligibility if you're a FSW applicant.
Oh, thank you!! This is great: I keep them in personal history and remove them from work history and I don't need the letter? This is very helpful! I'm not an FSW applicant, I am PNP, so it won't affect my eligibility if I remove jobs I had before my Canadian work 4 years ago :)

The post-secondary education is still stumping me.
I have it in my personal history section, not my education history, and it's listed as incomplete but it still requests proof of completion.. :(

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Thank you!

Can anyone help with the education?
In my personal history the education is listed as incomplete and level of education "none", and in the official education sector it's not listed at all, however the document checklist still requires proof of completion of post-secondary education that I obviously cannot provide!