+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP !!! Multiple work permits Canadian Citizenship application

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello,

I had my first work permit after graduation ( PGWP), then applied to renew it ( which was later withdrawn) and then applied to renew it for the second time ( this time approved). In the Canadian citizenship application, they ask the question " Did you apply to extend your status? "

1) Put the date I submit an application for renewal for the first time ( which I later withdraw)
2) put the date I submit an application for renewal second time which was later approved ?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
The only extension that matters is the one that was approved, as the date you applied will be used to acess your implied status.
If the second renewal application date came after your WP was expired, please make sure the buffer above 1095 days is greater than the delay between the end date of the WP and the date you asks for the approved renewal.

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
The only extension that matters is the one that was approved, as the date you applied will be used to acess your implied status.
If the second renewal application date came after your WP was expired, please make sure the buffer above 1095 days is greater than the delay between the end date of the WP and the date you asks for the approved renewal.
Thank you. So not even mention in my LOE that "I applied for a work permit but voluntary wothdraw it". I am always scared of misrepresentation or IRCC claim I did not mention everything

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thank you. So not even mention in my LOE that "I applied for a work permit but voluntary wothdraw it". I am always scared of misrepresentation or IRCC claim I did not mention everything
You can. Doesn't harm and gives you peace of mind :)