+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP ME...

lorchadg

Mar 1, 2012
My provincial nomination is already approve and I will pass additional letter to CIO. Last September 2011 my daughter was born and after my partner and I live-in (common law wife), we only live together for only five months and in the Philippines there's no Law about common law marriage. If my nomination is approved and I will be eligible to sponsor them, then I will get them to live with me for good..my question is
1. Do I have to include my common-law wife as my dependent?
2. Do I have to state my application in GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA (IMM 0008 E) that i have a common law partner?
3. Do I have to fill up the STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON- LAW UNION, (IMM 5409E)?

Tnx....

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
lorchadg said:
My provincial nomination is already approve and I will pass additional letter to CIO. Last September 2011 my daughter was born and after my partner and I live-in (common law wife), we only live together for only five months and in the Philippines there's no Law about common law marriage. If my nomination is approved and I will be eligible to sponsor them, then I will get them to live with me for good..my question is
1. Do I have to include my common-law wife as my dependent?
2. Do I have to state my application in GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA (IMM 0008 E) that i have a common law partner?
3. Do I have to fill up the STATUTORY DECLARATION OF COMMON- LAW UNION, (IMM 5409E)?

Tnx....
I think the answer is yes to all. But you have to me familiar with Canada's definition of common-law relationship and the documents they need as proof of your relationship. Always read articles on cic.gc.ca. Hope this helps.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Read the following information. I think this is what you are looking for. Good luck.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp
Common-law partner

You are a common-law partner—either of the opposite sex or same sex—if:
•you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. (You are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons, however.)

You will need proof that you and your common-law partner have combined your affairs and set up a household together. This can be in the form of:
•joint bank accounts or credit cards
•joint ownership of a home
•joint residential leases
•joint rental receipts
•joint utilities (electricity, gas, telephone)
•joint management of household expenses
•proof of joint purchases, especially for household items or
•mail addressed to either person or both people at the same address.

Conjugal partner

This category is for partners—either of the opposite sex or same sex—in exceptional circumstances beyond their control that prevent them from qualifying as common-law partners or spouses by living together.

A conjugal relationship is more than a physical relationship. It means you depend on each other, there is some permanence to the relationship and there is the same level of commitment as a marriage or a common-law relationship.

You may apply as a conjugal partner if:
•you have maintained a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you have been prevented from living together or marrying because of: ◦an immigration barrier
◦your marital status (for example, you are married to someone else and living in a country where divorce is not possible) or
◦your sexual orientation (for example, you are in a same-sex relationship and same-sex marriage is not permitted where you live)

•you can provide evidence there was a reason you could not live together (for example, you were refused long-term stays in each other’s country).

You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:
•You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)
•You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together.
•You are engaged to be married. In this case, you should either apply as a spouse once the marriage has taken place or apply as a common-law partner if you have lived together continuously for at least 12 months.