+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help me plz

NIMS10

Mar 30, 2014
hi i m M.com,B.ed from India than i moved to australia on study visa and did diploma in hairdressing and finished that in 2009. in 2010 i did certificate 3 in aged care and than certicificate 4 in aged care in 2012. by somehow i could not get residency here and now planning to move to canada on study visa. i have 4 years experience in aged care since 2010. i am 32 years old with spouse of same aged and son who is 4 years old and is in India. i want to know do i am eligible of student visa to canada, what course I am eligible to study and whether it will be easy for me to get visa.Does age matters. do i e to apply from india or Australia.How much is fees in Canada. how much are expenses to apply and how much balance we have to show.Can any third party can show my funds. plz plz plz give me right information as i am in too much tension.

thnx

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Start here

www.cic.gc.ca

And when you have read EVERYTHING about studying in Canada, use the search function on this forum before you post a question as many newbie questions have been asked and answered multiple times before.

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NIMS10 said:
hi i m M.com,B.ed from India than i moved to australia on study visa and did diploma in hairdressing and finished that in 2009. in 2010 i did certificate 3 in aged care and than certicificate 4 in aged care in 2012. by somehow i could not get residency here and now planning to move to canada on study visa. i have 4 years experience in aged care since 2010. i am 32 years old with spouse of same aged and son who is 4 years old and is in India. i want to know do i am eligible of student visa to canada, what course I am eligible to study and whether it will be easy for me to get visa.Does age matters. do i e to apply from india or Australia.How much is fees in Canada. how much are expenses to apply and how much balance we have to show.Can any third party can show my funds. plz plz plz give me right information as i am in too much tension.

thnx
Yes you're eligible to apply for a study permit.

What course ? You can do another certificate or diploma in your preferred field in a college or vocational school. Here is a complete list of all colleges and vocational schools in Canada: http://cset.sp.utoledo.edu/canctcol.html

Does age matters ? No, I know people in their thirties who managed to get their study permit, however you will be required to convince the visa officer that you are a genuine student which means explaining why the program you applied for is a good addition to what you already have and how it can help you with your career and future plans in your home country, you don't want the visa officer to think that you're gonna stay in Canada after you finish studies.

Apply from Australia or India ? Better apply from your home country, applying from any country other than your home country will probably make the visa officer refuse your visa because of weak ties to home country as you already staying in a country which is not yours. Again, there are many people who applied from a country other than their home country and got visas.

Tuition fees ? They vary depending on program and level of study, they can be from $8000 to $16,000 a year or even more, you gotta do some research.

Fees ? You will be required to pay an application fee to each college you're applying for, usually between $50 and $100.

Proof of financial support ? If you will be coming alone, you need to show tuition fees for one year plus $10,000 for living expenses. If you intend to bring your family with you, you need to show $4,000 for the first member and $3,000 for each additional family member. Yes, any third party can show the money but you will be required to have a letter from the person providing you with this money.

GOOD LUCK.

NIMS10

Mar 30, 2014
Thnx neez this information will help me alot. Some agents told me I can not take my spouse and son with me or my spouse can go only on visitor visa with no working rights is this true.

NIMS10

Mar 30, 2014
Can u also plz tell me plz which course I should do and in which university or state where I can get settle easily plz tell because I m too much in tension getting old day by day and not settled yet in life.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NIMS10 said:
Thnx neez this information will help me alot. Some agents told me I can not take my spouse and son with me or my spouse can go only on visitor visa with no working rights is this true.
Again,

Read www.cic.gc.ca

Nobody likes to spoonfeed information. We all had to find it ourselves. So read up on the official government immigration website FIRST and when you have questions once you have done that, come back here and ask them.

And stop listening to money grabbing agents. Seriously!

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you can take them with you but you must submit applications for temporary resident visas for them as well when you're applying and they must:

1-meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada,
2-satisfy an immigration officer they will only stay in Canada temporarily,
3-can prove they have no criminal record, if necessary, and
4-meet all the conditions for getting a temporary resident visa,

Your wife will be allowed to work but she will have to apply for an open work permit, Your wife may apply for an open work permit if:

1- you are a full-time student at:

-a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
-a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
-a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

2- you have a valid study permit

Canada has provinces and territories not states. I don't know which course you should do, you gotta do some research and see for yourself what you wanna do and what you are interested in. I heard that Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan are good choices in terms of PR, not sure though.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neez, the OP would be able to find out all that if he read www.cic.gc.ca first. That would show that the OP actually does his own research first before he starts asking questions.

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itstime said:
Neez, the OP would be able to find out all that if he read www.cic.gc.ca first. That would show that the OP actually does his own research first before he starts asking questions.
Well yeah, you're right, but I have been in his place and I know how hard it can be not having any idea about what to do and where to start. So, we are just trying to give people a little boost by giving them some basic info and hopefully they will be encouraged and start doing their own researches.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
itstime said:
O common, stop being so mean, if u do not want to answer, at least stop discourage others!!
Whats the aim of this forum? I think to help others...

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ghufrankhan said:
O common, stop being so mean, if u do not want to answer, at least stop discourage others!!
Whats the aim of this forum? I think to help others...
And would you write other people's SOP, do their homework etc?

Best help to give anyone who intend to come to Canada to study is to do their own research first. Firstly, because if you can't do your own research now, how on earth do you intend to keep up with the studying. It is hard work and if you think that you're smart enough to study in Canada you SHOULD be smart enough to do your own research first. If not, maybe studying in Canada is not such a good idea.

Secondly, it shows respect to those who have been around the block on the forum already. Going to www.cic.gc.ca first, use the search function on this forum second, maybe a little googling and THEN ask questions shows that you're actually willing to put a little effort in to this. No one in Canada like those who want to be spoonfed.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
itstime said:
And would you write other people's SOP, do their homework etc?

Best help to give anyone who intend to come to Canada to study is to do their own research first. Firstly, because if you can't do your own research now, how on earth do you intend to keep up with the studying. It is hard work and if you think that you're smart enough to study in Canada you SHOULD be smart enough to do your own research first. If not, maybe studying in Canada is not such a good idea.

Secondly, it shows respect to those who have been around the block on the forum already. Going to www.cic.gc.ca first, use the search function on this forum second, maybe a little googling and THEN ask questions shows that you're actually willing to put a little effort in to this. No one in Canada like those who want to be spoonfed.
I never said to write someone's SOP, its a crime; however helping others is not.

Maybe everyone has its own nature. While living in Canada if a student will ask me 'What's the way to principal office' i will not tell him to go the main gate and find the way through a map given their, i will rather guide him directly (and save him from any confusion or time delay). Same is the case here, if someone knows the answer y not helping him directly. But then again everyone has its own nature.
Moreover his case was a bit complicated too.

omi khan

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agree with neez and ghufran khan...itstime if u don't like to answer then why are u discouraging others to help out people..u better keep ur nasty replies with you if they cant help out others..