+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help me please i am in between a problem

Youngsonboy

Oct 17, 2019
HI guys, so i am an international student in canada and i would want my mom to come join me in canada as a student as well but there is a problem. We got the admission and now all we need now is a sponsor and we don't have enough money to sponsor her, so i was thinking if my girlfriend can sponsor her to become a student since shes willing to do that (my girlfriend is canadian and i'm international). My girlfriend made about 93,000 in 2019 so i know she has the finances but i don't know if the immigration office will allow that . Someone please help me

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

HI guys, so i am an international student in canada and i would want my mom to come join me in canada as a student as well but there is a problem. We got the admission and now all we need now is a sponsor and we don't have enough money to sponsor her, so i was thinking if my girlfriend can sponsor her to become a student since shes willing to do that (my girlfriend is canadian and i'm international). My girlfriend made about 93,000 in 2019 so i know she has the finances but i don't know if the immigration office will allow that . Someone please help me

1, Probably not, since there is no relationship between your mother and your girlfriend.

Reactions: usman_1986

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
will she be able to sponsor own personal my study permit extention tho?
IRCC may not accept this. You should either be sponsoring your studies on your own or an immediate family member should be sponsoring your studies (e.g. your parents).

You can certainly try. Your girlfriend will need to show a bank balance of at least $25,000 and be prepared to write a letter stating she will be supporting your expenses.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Common-law relationship ? Check your provincial requirements to see whether you meet them.